Direct Support Professional (1:1/ PATCH Worker)
Anka is looking for a kind and flexible Full Time Direct Support Professional to join our team at our Anka Weston Ranch facility in Stockton, CA.
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have provided caring, dependable, and professional community behavioral health and social service programs that serve nearly 15,000 individuals throughout California and Michigan each year. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org for more information.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Anka Weston Ranch Home is a safe, supportive, step-down home for four adults with intellectual disabilities and co-occurring behavioral and emotional challenges, including substance use. In response, the care, support and supervision provided at the Anka Weston Ranch Home are tailored to each individual’s strengths, challenges, interests and goals. Through a variety of daily home and community activities, a team of qualified staff and behavioral and psychiatric specialists work with program participants to build their adaptive skills (self-care, communication, social, etc.), increase confidence, and improve their overall quality of life.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Program Administrator, provide rehabilitative support services on a 1 on 1 basis to a specified consumer in a 5-bed community, highly structured adult residential care facility for adults with developmental disabilities and behavioral challenges age 18-59. This is a non-exempt position.
Monday - Friday; 12:00PM - 8:00PM
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team and assist in the evaluation and assessment, treatment planning and discharging planning for assigned resident.
- Provide direct care, training and supervision to the assigned PATCH resident as prescribed in the individual IPP, PATCH Plan, behavior plan and as provided for in the Facility Program Design and training schedule.
- Comply with facility policies and regulations.
- Provide for the physical care, training, behavior intervention, supervision and recreation of assigned PATCH resident.
- Assist and encourage the resident in developing self-reliance in activities of daily living.
- Administer treatment and special diet as needed if ordered by physican.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must meet Title 17 and Title 22 requirements. Six months experience working with developmentally disabled, preferably adults in a residential setting working with persons that are dully diagnosed with behaviors that may impact health and safety.
Preferred: DSP I, DSP II, or CPT certificates. Willing to provide training for certification.
- Must have valid California Driver's License and proof of current auto insurance.
- Ability to pass pre-employment background check and Med/TB clearance.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision
- 11 Paid time off for holidays and generous vacation plan
- Employer paid life insurance plan.
- Matching 401k
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare, child care and commuter expenses.
- Discounts, appreciation events, and more