Direct Support Professional - Full Time (Dublin)
Anka is looking for a kind and flexible full time Direct Support Professional to join our team at Amador Home in Dublin, Ca.
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have provided caring, dependable, and professional community behavioral health and social service programs that serve over 15,000 individuals throughout California and Michigan each year. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org for more information.
ABOUT OUR PROGRAM
Amador Home is a long-term residential program that provides care, supervision, and support to four adults with intellectual disabilities and involvement in the criminal justice system. Program participants may also have a mental health diagnosis, substance use problems, and complex behavioral challenges. The program focuses on helping individuals work through their emotional and behavioral challenges, prevent relapse of criminal and/or addictive behaviors, and learn skills that allow them to interact more successfully in the community and with others.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Direct Support Professional (Direct Care) Staff shall work under the general direction of the Program Administrator. Shall be competent to provide the services necessary to meet individual resident needs and shall, at all times, be employed in numbers necessary to meet such needs. Responsible for providing supervision and support to adults residing at Amador Home and for assisting them to meet goals described in their individual needs and services or individual program plans.
Days/Hours: Monday thru Friday…..7a – 3p……..Full Benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401K, etc.)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direct supervision and support for each client as determined by their individual service plan and behavioral plan.
- Provide assistance to client in basic self-help skills, daily living skills, adaptive living skill areas, and implement training skill programs.
- Maintain daily logs and data reports.
- Act as an appropriate role model for clients by dressing and behaving in a socially appropriate manner.
- Prepare meals and snacks as indicated on weekly menus and engage clients in meal preparation tasks to the extent that they choose or are able to participate.
- Supervise and escort clients to medical and dental appointments, community outings, and other activities as assigned by Program Administrator.
Education Required: High School Diploma or equivalent and some related post-secondary education. Experience Required: Minimum of six months experience providing direct supervision and special services to persons with disabilities.
Other Requirements: Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing with proof of current car insurance.Thank you for your interest! To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements
Education Required: High School Diploma or equivalent and some related post-secondary education.
Experience Required: Minimum of six months experience providing direct supervision and special services to persons with disabilities (working as a DSP). Experience in person centered program development and implementation.
Other Requirements: Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing with proof of current car insurance.