LVN / LPT - Temporary FT (1)
Anka is seeking reliable and dedicated Temporary Full Time LVN/LPT's for our Crisis Residential Program (CRT) at our Rancho Desert Facility in Indio.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM: Rancho Desert is a Crisis Residential Treatment (CRT) Program for individuals experiencing an acute behavioral health crisis. Unlike programs that are held in a psychiatric unit or hospital-like facility, Rancho Desert is held in a natural home setting in order to better engage the individual in the recovery process. Our clients participate in a highly structured recovery program and work with a team of specialists who help them resolve the behavioral or emotional issues associated with their crisis and give them the tools necessary to help them work through future challenges and re-integrate back into the community.
ABOUT THE POSITION: The LVN / LPT will participate in the operation of a 15-bed Mental Health Rehabilitation Center for psychiatrically acute or sub-acute adults who require 24-hour supervision and intense structure.
Hourly Salary: $20
This is a Temporary Full Time position from 7am - 7:30am until May 2018
KEY TASKS & RESPNSIBLITIES: Under the supervision of the Program Administrator,
- Assist in the implementation, promotion and daily operation of a residential treatment facility.
- Monitor treatment plans, administer medications, and monitor interactions, side effects, etc., in consultation with physician/psychiatrist and all other treatment staff.
- Chart and report any significant changes in condition and general progress of residents.
- Monitor all recorded medications and sign and certify the accuracy of counts and inventory each day.
- Sign residential charts according to certifications and regulations.
- Follow and adhere to all medication policies regarding dispensing, administration, record keeping, storage and accountability for inventory.
- Must have minimum 1 year experience with this population.
- Possession of a valid California license to practice as a Licensed Psychiatric Technician or Licensed Vocational Nurse, issued by the California Board of Psychiatric Technician Examiners, current and in good standing
- Must have a valid California Driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
WHAT WE OFFER: We value our employees and provide competitive benefit and health plans in addition to a matching 401k Retirement plan.
ABOUT ANKA: Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. Please visit our website at http://www.ankabhi.org for more information. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.