Registered Nurse (Morgan Hill)
Anka is seeking (2) dedicated Registered Nurses for our new programs, Serenity Place and Tranquility Lane in Morgan Hill, CA.
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have provided caring, dependable, and professional community behavioral health and social service programs that serve nearly 15,000 individuals throughout California and Michigan each year. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org for more information.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Anka Serenity Place/Tranquility Home provides a nurturing home where each person served is supported in achieving their personal goals through participation in a comprehensive program of skill acquisition, behavioral intervention, recreation, social activities, and nursing supports. Anka Serenity Place/Tranquility Home offers services for up to four consumers, ages 18 and over. The program is designed to provide direct supervision and support within a nurturing, safe, and positive environment. This program provides abundant opportunities for individuals to learn and practice skills needed for greater independence, while also providing them with adaptive skill training, intensive supervision, and nursing supports. All residents are referred by the San Andreas Regional Center. Anka staff work closely with the Regional Center and community based services to meet the multiple health, social, vocational, and behavioral needs of the residents we serve.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Under the supervision of the Program Administrator, participate in the operation of a 4-bed Enhanced Behavioral Support Home- Nursing for the stabilization, support and treatment for people who have intellectual disabilities, behavioral challenges, and health conditions. This is a non-exempt position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess clients for nursing and health related needs and collaborate with physician to develop health care plans.
- Provide daily nursing services as detailed in the client’s health care plan. Some examples include: diabetes monitoring, medication administration, and wound care.
- Train LVN/LPT and DSP staff on health care plans, specific to each client.
- Chart and report any significant changes in condition and general progress of residents to Program Administrator, Medical Director, physicians and psychiatrists.
- Facilitate an integrated, cohesive and supportive treatment approach and attitude. Act as a role model and participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team with other staff.
- Assist clients in activities of daily living, including hygiene, nutrition, community integration, and communication.
- Participate in daily individual counseling to residents, medication support, education programs, and case management services for clients.
LICENSE: Possess a valid RN License to practice as a Registered Nurse, issued by the State of California, current in good standing. Must also possess a valid California Driver’s License - Class III/C. Proof of auto insurance.
EXPERIENCE: Requires two years’ experience providing services to individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Skills and abilities to handle clinical issues in a fast paced environment resulting from the complexity of enhanced behavior supports homes. Ability to work with a variety of people in situations varying from community, hospital, family and other sources. Ability to communicate well in English, both verbally and in writing. Ability to communicate verbally by phone in English in a clear and concise manner. Basic computer skills for using word processing (WORD), email (OUTLOOK), Internet, and related business applications.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision
- 11 Paid time off for holidays and generous vacation plan
- Employer paid life insurance plan.
- Matching 401k
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare, child care and commuter expenses.
- Discounts, appreciation events, and more