LVN/LPT - Full Time (1)
Anka is seeking a reliable, committed and caring Full Time LVN/LPT for our Mental Health Rehabilitation
Center (MHRC) in Camarillo, CA.
About the Position: We are seeking a LVN/LPT to provide daily nursing services, individual counseling, medication support, educational programs, and case management services for our Mental Health Rehabilitation Center (MHRC). The MHRC is a 15 bed program for psychiatrically acute or sub-acute adults who require 24-hour supervision and intense structure. The program is to assist long-term residents in their transition to independent or supported living arrangements; and to assist short-term residents in their transition to a board and care.
Shift available: Full Time 40 hours/week (hours TBD)
Hourly wage: $25 hourly
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the supervision of the Center Director:
- Participate in updating of treatment plans, administer medications, and monitor interactions, side effects, etc, in consultation with Director of Nursing, Medical Director, Psychiatrists, and all other treatment staff.
- Monitor medications and sign and certify the accuracy of counts and inventory each day.
- Facilitate an integrated, cohesive and supportive treatment approach and attitude.
- Act as a role model and participate as a member of a multidisciplinary treatment with other staff.
- Possess a clinical understanding of and therapeutic relationship with clients to facilitate an integrated, cohesive, coordinated and supportive treatment approach.
- Assist in the admission process and preparation of all required forms on clients accepted into the program,
- Coordinate with all persons involved in client’s treatment to include but not be limited to: family, case managers, treatment coordinators, therapists, etc.
- 1 year of experience as an LVN/LPT
- Up to 4 years of demonstrated college or university attendance may be substituted for the required vocational nursing experience on a year for year basis.
- Skills and abilities to handle clinical issues in a fast paced environment resulting from the complexity of mental health treatment facility issues.
- Knowledge of various psychotropic drugs and their effects.
- Must have a valid CA license to practice as a LVN/LPT, in good standing.
- Must have valid California Driver’s License; good driving record. Proof of current auto insurance. Must be able to pass a pre-employment background screening and obtain DOJ/FBI fingerprint clearance.
WHAT WE OFFER:We value our employees and provide competitive benefit and health plans in addition to a matching 401k Retirement plan.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision
- 9 Paid time off for holidays and generous vacation plan
- Employer paid life insurance plan.
- Matching 401k
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare, child care and commuter expenses.
- Discounts, appreciation events, and more
ABOUT ANKA: Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. Please visit our website at http://www.ankabhi.org for more information. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.