Intake Coordinator (Overnight)
Anka is seeking a full-time Overnight Intake Coordinator to assist in managing the call volume at Anka’s Referral Center (ARC), our 24/7 call center that handles and processes calls from patients and case managers seeking care at mental health residential and outpatient service sites.
Days/Hours: Monday- Friday 8:00 pm-5:00 am
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
The Anka Referral Center (ARC) currently serves 8 of Anka’s Crisis Residential Treatment facilities and is tasked with managing all program referrals. ARC staff work to organize referral information, checking for appropriateness and making sure all needed information is gathered and sent to the programs.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Under the supervision of the Call Center Supervisor, the Intake Coordinator is responsible for providing quality and efficient customer service telephonically to patients, case managers, and other insurance and behavioral healthcare liaisons. The Intake Coordinator will be responsible for multi-tasking and being detail oriented making sure proper documentation is provided and entered into the electronic medical record. Also responsible for sending out census and making follow up phone calls when necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives and coordinates all referrals to include notification of insurance providers for prior authorization and services covered.
- Responsible for the review of referrals from referral sources to assure, proper documentation, appropriateness of intervention/action and timeliness of documentation.
- Using discretion and independent judgment in handling patient or physician complaints received documents and forwards to appropriate administrative staff.
- Communicates with ARC Supervisor and Intake Lead any information received from referral source about a patient that may be questioning Anka’s policies.
- Talk to prospective clients and clients family members to answer questions about Anka and our Casa Programs.
- Part of a team of intake coordinators that are the first responders for receiving phone calls at the ARC.
- Attend all required trainings and events and complete required coursework by due dates.
- Log charts and keep accurate record of materials contained in client profile in EHR.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION REQUIRED: High School diploma or equivalent required. BA in psychology or related preferred.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: At least two years of call center experience, preferably in a healthcare or social services environment. Excellent verbal, presentation, and negotiation skills. Intermediate Microsoft Word including use of tables, charts and graphs, formatting and Excel spreadsheet skills. Ability to set up and maintain efficient and effective systems and processes to manage details. Ability to interact positively with a wide range of individuals. Attention to detail and ability to handle several projects at one time and meet deadlines. Flexible and must be able to work in a team and also motivate others. Bilingual preferred.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing with proof of current auto insurance. Ability to pass pre-employment background check.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision
- 11 Paid time off for holidays and generous vacation plan
- Employer paid life insurance plan
- Matching 401k
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare, child care and commuter expenses
- Discounts, appreciation events, and more