License Vocational Nurse (1) Full Time
Anka is looking for a Full Time, dedicated and reliable LVN/LPT to join our team in Glendale, Ca.
- Shift Available: Sunday - Thursday (hours: TBD)
- Hourly Rate: $20.00
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have provided caring, dependable, and professional community behavioral health and social service programs that serve nearly 15,000 individuals throughout California and Michigan each year. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org for more information.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Zook Place is a short-term crisis residential program that provides care, supervision, and support for children, ages 6-17, with intellectual disabilities and other complex behavioral and emotional challenges that put them at risk of placement into a developmental center, hospital, or jail. Our clients participate in an intensive recovery program that focuses on crisis and medication stabilization and positive behavioral supports.
ABOUT THE POSITION: Under the supervision of the Program Administrator, provide rehabilitative support services in a 3 or 4 bed highly structured community individual treatment facility for youth ages 6-17 with developmental disabilities and mental disabilities.
This is a non-exempt position. Must have DSP 1 and 2 completed within first six (6) months of employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team and assist in the evaluation and assessment, treatment planning, and discharge planning for each individual.
- Provide direct care, training and supervision to the individuals as prescribed in the individual IPP and provided for in the Facility Program Design and Training Schedule.
- Assist individuals with feeding, habit training, maintenance of a well-groomed appearance, and maintenance of beds, clothing and living areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Comply with facility policies and regulations.
- Work with regional center personnel, school, and others to provide comprehensive program for the individuals.
EDUCATION: Up to 4 years of demonstrated college or university attendance may be substituted for the required vocational nursing experience on a year for year basis.
License Required: Possession of DSP I, DSP II, CPR certificates, child abuse index clearance, and TB clearance prior to provision of services. A valid California Driver's License - Class C. Proof of current auto insurance. Possession of a valid California license to practice as a Licensed Psychiatric Technician, issued by the California Board of Psychiatric Technician Examiners, current and in good standing.
EXPERIENCE: : One year experience working with developmentally disabled children ages 6-17 years in a residential setting working with persons that are dually diagnosed with behaviors that impact health and safety.
WHAT WE OFFER: We value our employees and offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision
- 9 days paid time off for holidays and generous vacation plan
- Employer paid life insurance plan, LTD and ADD.
- Matching 401k
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare, child care and commuter expenses.
- Discounts, appreciation events, and more
ABOUT ANKA: Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. Please visit our website at http://www.ankabhi.org for more information. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.