LVN / LPT (4 On-Call positions)
ANKA Behavioral Health, Inc. is looking for experienced, kind and caring LVN/LPTs to work at our Ventura facility.
This is an on-call position with future opportunity for a regular schedule.
ABOUT THE POSITION: The LPT / LVN under the supervision of the Program Administrator, participate in the operation of a 15-bed Crisis Residential Treatment Facility for the stabilization, support and treatment for people who are experiencing a psychological or emotional crisis. The program is for psychiatrically acute or sub-acute adults who require 24-hour supervision and intense structure. The program’s primary goal is to divert clients from hospitalization or act as an alternative to hospitalization and to re-integrate clients into the community.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM: Ventura CRT is a Crisis Residential Treatment (CRT) Program for individuals experiencing an acute behavioral health crisis. Located in a premier, state-of-the art facility, the Ventura CRT is designed to deliver superior programming, client care, and safety for both clients and staff. Our clients participate in a highly structured recovery program and work with a team of specialists who help them resolve the behavioral or emotional issues associated with their crisis and give them the tools necessary to help them work through future challenges and re-integrate back into the community.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES: In collaboration with our Program Administrator, the LVN/LPT will:
- Provide daily nursing services such as quality nursing care, individual counseling, medication support, educational programs, and case management services for clients.
- Participate in updating of treatment plans, administer medications, and monitor interactions, side effects, etc.,
- Chart and report any significant changes in condition and general progress of residents to Program Administrator, Medical Director, physicians and psychiatrists.
- Monitor all medications for accuracy of counts and inventory each day.
- Follow and adhere to all medication policies regarding dispensing, administration, record keeping, storage and accountability for inventory.
- Requires one year experience in mental health field but willing to train.
- Bi-Cultural/ Bi-Lingual (Spanish) experience preferred.
- Understanding, observation and recognition of symptoms and reactions requiring knowledge of cause and effect factors in dealing with care of mental health clients.
- Up to 4 years of demonstrated college or university attendance may be substituted for the required vocational nursing experience on a year for year basis.
- Skills and abilities to handle clinical issues in a fast paced environment resulting from the complexity of mental health treatment facility issues.
- Possession of a valid California license to practice as a Licensed Psychiatric Technician or Licensed Vocational Nurse, issued by the California Board of Psychiatric Technician Examiners, current and in good standing.
- Must have valid California Driver's License; good driving record AND Proof of current auto insurance. Must be able to pass a pre-employment background screening and obtain FBI/DOJ fingerprint clearance.
WHAT WE OFFER: We value our employees and provide competitive benefit and health plans in addition to a matching 401k Retirement plan.
ABOUT ANKA: Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. Please visit our website at http://www.ankabhi.org for more information. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.