Licensed Vocational Nurse/LPT
ANKA Behavioral Health, Inc. is looking for a kind and experienced Full Time LVN/LPT to join our team at our Rancho West program in Riverside, CA.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY: Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. is a private non-profit agency providing community mental health services. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org to learn more about our dynamic organization.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Rancho West is a Crisis Residential Treatment (CRT) Program for individuals experiencing an acute behavioral health crisis. Individuals participate in a highly structured recovery program and work with a team of specialists who help them resolve the behavioral or emotional issues associated with their crisis and give them the tools necessary to help them work through future challenges and re-integrate back into the community.
ABOUT THE POSITION: Under the supervision of the Program Administrator, the LPT/LVN will participate in the operation of a 15-bed Mental Health Rehabilitation Center for psychiatrically acute or sub-acute adults who require 24-hour supervision and intense structure. The program’s primary goal is to provide a client-centered, holistic, Mental Health Rehabilitation Center to assist long-term residents in their transition to independent or supported living arrangements; and to assist short-term residents in their transition to a board and care.
This position is on call, non-exempt position (hours may vary, but can be discussed with facility manager).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide daily nursing services such as quality nursing care, individual counseling, medication support, educational programs, and case management services for clients.
- Participate in updating of treatment plans, administer medications, and monitor interactions, side effects, etc., in consultation with Program Administrator, physicians, psychiatrists, and all other treatment staff.
- Chart and report any significant changes in condition and general progress of residents to Program Administrator, Medical Director, physicians and psychiatrists.
- Monitor all medications and sign and certify the accuracy of counts and inventory each day.
- Follow and adhere to all medication policies regarding dispensing, administration, record keeping, storage and accountability for inventory.
- Possession of a valid California license to practice as a Licensed Psychiatric Technician or Licensed Vocational Nurse, issued by the California Board of Psychiatric Technician Examiners, current and in good standing
- Must have at least one year of experience working with clients with serious mental illness in a residential or hospital setting.
- Must have experience using and working with an electronic health record (EHR).
Other Requirements: Valid California Driver’s License in good standing with proof of current auto insurance. Ability to pass pre-employment background check, Med/TB
WHAT WE OFFER: We value our employees and provide competitive benefit and health plans in addition to a matching 401k Retirement plan.
ABOUT ANKA: Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. Please visit our website at http://www.ankabhi.org for more information. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.