Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker (PT AM Shift)
Anka is looking for a kind and flexible part time Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker to join our team at Bright House French Camp, CA.
Shift available:Friday through Monday; 7AM - 3PM
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have provided caring, dependable, and professional community behavioral health and social service programs that serve nearly 15,000 individuals throughout California and Michigan each year. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org for more information.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Bright House is a short term transitional residential, social rehabilitation program for adults experiencing a significant psychiatric, social and/or life crisis which has affected their daily functioning.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the supervision and direction of the Program Administrator/ Regional Director, participate in the planning, development, implementation, evaluation, and promotion of a transitional residential treatment facility for mentally disabled adults who are dual diagnosed (primary diagnosis of mental disability, secondary diagnosis of substance abuse). The primary responsibility of a Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist is to provide counseling services (milieu, group, individual, and family therapy) within the therapeutic milieu using social rehabilitation principles in a community-based setting. Perform a broad range of tasks while developing clinical proficiency, teamwork, coordination, and liaison skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, coordinate, implement, and monitor individual treatment plans with clients and other individuals to include intake, assessment, transition, and discharge planning.
- Complete the admission process of all clients accepted into the program including an initial intake interview, risk assessment, and documentation.
- Maintain a milieu structure that involves the clients in all aspects of the program and participate as an integral part of the therapeutic milieu and as a member of a mental health team in a community-based program.
- Utilize basic counseling skills to motivate client participation in the program.
- Assist clients in developing and following a daily activity schedule in accordance with individual treatment/discharge plans.
- Facilitate groups and activities to include but not be limited to: psycho-educational groups, basic living skills, community outings, and group counseling.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent and some related post-secondary education. B.A. or M.A. in psychology, social welfare or counseling is preferred. Alcohol and Drug counseling certification preferred.
EXPERIENCE: : At least 1 year experience in mental health, social rehab, dual diagnosis, substance abuse or related field.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing with proof of current auto insurance. Ability to pass pre-employment background check, Med/TB/FBI/DOJ clearance.