Direct Support Professionals - (On Call)
Anka is looking for a compassionate and flexible On Call Direct Support Professionals to join our team at the new Anka Priscilla Lane facility in Stockton, CA.
This is a great opportunity to be trained and gain that experience you’ve been looking for in this industry!
ABOUT ANKA: Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. Please visit our website at http://www.ankabhi.org for more information. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Anka Pricilla Lane Home is a safe, supportive, step-down home for five individuals with intellectual disabilities and complex behavioral challenges. This program operates as a step-down facility for individuals transitioning out of a community crisis home. The care, support and supervision provided at Pricilla Lane are tailored to each individual’s strengths, challenges, interests and goals. Through a variety of daily home and community activities, a team of qualified staff and behavioral and psychiatric specialists work with program participants to build their adaptive skills (self-care, communication, social, etc.), increase confidence, and improve their overall quality of life.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Program Administrator, provide rehabilitative support services in a 5-bed community, highly structured adult residential care facility for adults with developmental disabilities and behavioral challenges age 18-59. This is a non-exempt position
There are multiple openings. This is a 24/7 facility so different shifts are available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the supervision of the Program Administrator:
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary team and assist in the evaluation, assessment, and treatment planning for each resident.
- Provide for the physical care, training, supervision and recreation of residents
- Assist residents with learning behavior management skills and hygiene
- Maintain and upkeep the beds, clothing and living areas of the residents
- Work with workshop staff and others to provide comprehensive program for the residents.
- Assist with medication and documentation
- Assist and encourage the residents in developing self-reliance in activities of daily living
RequirementsEducation and Experience: Must meet Title 17 and Title 22 requirements. Six months experience working with developmentally disabled, preferably adults, in a residential setting working with persons that are dually diagnosed with behaviors that may impact health and safety.License preferred: Possession of DSP I, DSP II, CPT certificates, child abuse index clearance, and TB clearance prior to provision of services.
- Must have valid California Driver's License and proof of current auto insurance.
- Ability to pass pre-employment background check and Med/TB clearance