Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker - Shift Lead
Anka is looking for a kind and flexible full-time Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker Shift Lead to join our team at the Nierika House Program in Concord, CA.
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have provided caring, dependable, and professional community behavioral health and social service programs that serve nearly 15,000 individuals throughout California and Michigan each year. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org for more information.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
In operation for over 30 years, Nierika House is one of Anka’s oldest and most beloved programs. Anka’s Nierika House is a Crisis Residential Treatment (CRT) Program for individuals experiencing a behavioral health crisis. Unlike programs that are held in a psychiatric unit or hospital-like facility, Nierika House is held in a natural home setting in order to better engage the individual in the recovery process. A maximum of 16 individuals are served at any given time, staying an average of 30 days as they participate in a highly structured recovery program and work with a team of specialists who help them resolve the behavioral or emotional issues.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Program Administrator, participate in the planning, development, implementation, evaluation and promotion of a crisis residential treatment facility for psychiatrically acute or sub-acute adults who require 24-hour supervision and intense structure. The program's primary goal is to divert clients from hospitalization or act as an alternative to hospitalization and to provide assessment. The primary responsibility of a Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker Shift Lead is to provide counseling services (milieu, group, individual, and family therapy) within the therapeutic milieu using social rehabilitation principles in a community-based setting. This is a non-exempt position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordinate, implement, and monitor individual treatment plans with clients and other treatment agencies and individuals to include intake, assessment, transition, and discharge planning.
2. Assist with facility management and ensure infection prevention standards and SB198 safety standards are met.
3. Meet standard of Medi-Cal billing productivity by ensuring each direct billable service is accurately and timely documented.
4. Act as a role model for other staff and demonstrate adherence to ANKA Policies and Procedures. Ensure paperwork is complete, timely and accurate.
5. Supervise the admission process of all clients accepted into the program including an initial intake interview, document action, and assignment to treatment team within 24 hours.
6. Maintain a milieu structure that involves the clients in all aspects of the program and participate as an integral part of the therapeutic milieu and as a member of a mental health team in a community-based program.
7. Participate in daily evaluation of clients' progress in case conference with supervisor, consultants and other staff members, and meet with clients to review case conference discussion, and provide aftercare follow-up as delegated by supervisor.
8. Supervise clients in developing and following a daily activity schedule in accordance with individual treatment/discharge plans.
9. Audit charts for organization, charting, accuracy, etc.
10. Assist with problem solving and provide training to other staff by exhibiting solid and consistent decision making.
11. Facilitate groups and activities to include but not be limited to: psycho-educational groups, basic living skills, community outings, and group counseling, and participate in 1:1 supervision sessions and weekly team supervision sessions.
12. Responsible for ensuring the daily operation of the shift and maintaining program structure.
Job Descriptions are subject to change without notice based on the needs of the Agency/Program
Education Required: B.A. Degree or M.A. Degree in psychology, social welfare or related field.
Experience Required: At least one (1) year (2 years preferred) experience in mental health work. Bi-cultural/bi-lingual experience is an asset.
Substitution of Experience for Education: One year of experience may be substituted for each year of required education.
Skills and Abilities: Must be able to effectively perform in a crisis situation and have working knowledge of crisis intervention and prevention; as well as provide safety for all residents. Be able to deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities and situations requiring tact, poise, friendliness and sensitivity. Be able to maintain integrity and confidentiality regulations in regards to client records. Skill and ability to adapt to California Mental Health Rehabilitation Option and CARF (California Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities), and programmatic program policies and procedures. Must be able to work overtime as dictated by needs of the program. Must be able to communicate well in English, both verbally and in writing. Ability to communicate verbally by phone in English in a clear and concise manner.
Mental Abilities: Ability to think clearly and manage multiple changing priorities, and remain pleasant and positive. Requires critical thinking and ability to manage difficult population. Requires good judgement.
Physical Abilities: Ability to lift up to 40 lbs., approximately three (3) times per week. Must be able to negotiate several flights of stairs during each work shift. Ability to drive safely in heavy traffic and inclement weather. May require use of household and industrial cleaning materials.
License Required: A valid California Driver's License - Class III/C. Proof of auto insurance.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision
- 11 Paid time off for holidays and generous vacation plan
- Employer paid life insurance plan.
- Matching 401k
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare, child care and commuter expenses.
- Discounts, appreciation events, and more