Psychiatrist (Phoenix Center)
Anka is seeking a part-time psychiatrist to join our Mental Health Center in Concord, CA on a contractual basis.
Anka Phoenix Center is a community based Mental Health clinic for mentally disabled adults.
- Outpatient 9-5, no on-call, built in administrative time, EMR with e-prescribing for controlled substances starting 7/1/17
- Be part of a multidisciplinary team includes Program Administrator, Clinical Administrator, RN, Medical Assistant, Administrative Assistant
- Joining a team of 2 NPs and 1 MD
The psychiatrist will provide in-person consultation and/or telemedicine consultation to clients. (60% in-person, 40% telemedicine, will be considered. This is a contract, part-time position with flexible hours (16 hours a week).
Under the Supervision of the Chief Medical Officer and in collaboration with program staff:
- Provide psychiatric consultation
- Assess the condition of clients, from admission to an ongoing basis
- Review client medications
- Develop a therapeutic relationship with our clients
- Perform administrative functions such as clinical charting and medication records
- MD License. Licensed to practice and prescribe in the State of California.
- State of California DEA license in good standing.
- Must pass a Department of Justice and FBI fingerprint clearance.