Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker (NOC) Part Time (24 hours/week)
Anka is looking for a kind and flexible Part Time Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker to join our team at Nierika House in Concord, CA.
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have provided caring, dependable, and professional community behavioral health and social service programs that serve nearly 15,000 individuals throughout California and Michigan each year. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org for more information.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
In operation for over 30 years, Nierika House is one of Anka’s oldest and most beloved programs. Anka’s Nierika House is a Crisis Residential Treatment (CRT) Program for individuals experiencing a behavioral health crisis. Unlike programs that are held in a psychiatric unit or hospital-like facility, Nierika House is held in a natural home setting in order to better engage the individual in the recovery process. A maximum of 16 individuals are served at any given time, staying an average of 30 days as they participate in a highly structured recovery program and work with a team of specialists who help them resolve the behavioral or emotional issues.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Program Administrator, participate in the planning, development, implementation, evaluation and promotion of a 16-bed crisis residential treatment facility for psychiatrically acute or sub-acute adults who require 24-hour supervision and intense structure. The program's primary goal is to divert clients from hospitalization or act as an alternative to hospitalization and to provide assessment. The primary responsibility of a Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker is to provide supervision and safety for all clients and assist clients in practicing independent living skills within the therapeutic milieu using social rehabilitation principles in a community-based setting. This is a non-exempt position.
Shift Available: Saturday - Monday; 11pm - 7am
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a milieu structure that involves the clients in all aspects of the program and participate as an integral part of the therapeutic milieu and as a member of a mental health team in a community-based program.
- Complete the admission and discharge process of all clients accepted into the program including an initial intake interview, document action, initial diagnosis and treatment plan and assignment to treatment team within 24 hours.
- Implement and monitor individual treatment plans with clients and other treatment agencies and individuals to include intake, assessment, transition, and discharge planning.
- Assist clients in developing and following a daily activity schedule in accordance with individual treatment/discharge plans.
- Meet standard of Medi-Cal billing productivity by ensuring each direct billable service is accurately and timely documented.
- Participate in weekly evaluation of clients' progress in case conference with supervisor, consultants and other staff members, and meet with clients to review case conference discussion, update treatment plans, and provide aftercare follow-up as delegated by supervisor.
EDUCATION REQUIRED: High School Diploma or equivalent. B.A. Degree or M.A. Degree in psychology, social welfare or counseling is preferred.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: One years’ experience in mental health work preferred. Bi-cultural/bi-lingual experience is an asset.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to pass a Department Of Justice and Caregivers Bureau criminal background check. Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing with proof of current auto insurance. Ability to pass pre-employment background check, Med/TB clearance.
ANKA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, gender identity, disability (physical/mental), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Minorities/Consumers/Former Clients are encouraged to apply.