Mental Health Rehabilitation Workers Full-time NOC
Anka is looking for a kind and enthusiastic Mental Health Rehabilitation Workers to join our team at the new Casa Oakview facility in Lafayette, Ca.NOC shift 12am-8am Sun-thur 40hr/ft
ABOUT THE PROGRAM: Casa Oakview is a 6 bed Congregate Living Health Facility for adolescents with Eating Disorders who require 24-hour supervision and intense structure. The program's primary goal is to provide a client and family centered holistic treatment center for adolescents with eating disorders.
ABOUT THE POSITION: The Mental Health Rehabilitation Workers (MHRWs) provide direct care, supervision, and mentoring to adolescents in the program. MHRWs make a difference in the lives of the people we serve everyday by supporting them on their journey of recovery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide supervision and support to adolescents (ages 12-17) in the program who are struggling with an eating disorder.
- Assist clients with activities of daily living, recreational activities, and community outings.
- Be knowledgeable of adolescent development and working within a family systems framework.
- Complete accurate and timely charting in accordance with Quality Assurance Standards and Medi-Cal/ Medicare guidelines and requirements.
- Participate in weekly family meetings, evaluations and case conferences. Attend team meetings and staff meetings.
- Coordinate with persons involved in residents' care, i.e. family, case managers, treatment staff, and therapists, to ensure continuity of care.
- Protect consumer rights and maintain residents' confidentiality. Assure residents' safety at all times.
Thank you for your interest! To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements.
EDUCATION: Completion of High School diploma, some college experience preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Two years’ professional experience with adolescents (ages 12-17 years), preferably working with adolescents who have mental health disorders. Prior experience with eating disorders is a bonus.
We welcome applicants who have themselves experienced an eating disorder, but we ask that you be in your own recovery for at least 5 years prior to applying.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing with proof of current auto insurance. Ability to pass pre-employment background check, Med/TB clearance.