Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker- PT (B)
Anka is seeking experienced and reliable MHRWs to join our team in the city of Camarillo, CA.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM: Hillmont House is Mental Health Rehabilitation Center (MHRW) that provides both short-term and long-term residential treatment for adults experiencing a range of behavioral health challenges. The short-term program (45 days) provides an alternative to hospitalization for a maximum of six individuals at any given time that are experiencing acute psychiatric episodes, including those with co-occurring substance use challenges. The long-term treatment program provides an opportunity for stabilization in an enriched and structured environment that provides psychiatric and medical support, therapeutic and life-skill groups, and other supportive services for a maximum of nine individuals for up to two years.
ABOUT THE POSITION: The MHRW will be integral part of the transitional living program. Services are focused on assisting people to address any issues that led to their enrollment in the program and to assist them in returning to a more independent setting.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
In collaboration with the Program Administrator and clinical team, MHRWs will:
- Coordinate and monitor treatment plans for the clients, which can include intake, assessment and discharge planning
- Assist with activities involving rehabilitation and therapy.
- Be responsible for administrative tasks, such as progress notes and other client and program information like Medi-Cal billing
- Supervise and escort clients to medical and dental appointments, community outings, and other activities.
- Flexibility in scheduling
- Assist with the admission process of all clients accepted into the program, including an initial intake interview and individual treatment plan.
- Provide individual counseling, group therapy, and family counseling
- Perform crisis intervention, prevention and assure compliance with medication policy
- Must have at least two year of experience in a mental health setting, social rehab, dual diagnosis, or related field.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Post-secondary education in social work or related field preferred. B.A. or M.A in psychology, social welfare, or counseling is preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER: We value our employees and provide competitive benefit and health plans in addition to a matching 401k Retirement plan.
ABOUT ANKA: Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. Please visit our website at http://www.ankabhi.org for more information. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.