Direct Support Professional II - FT (9)
Anka is looking for (9) caring and dedicated Direct Support Professional II (DSP) for our programs called Anka Maple Home and Anka Wyoming House, Both are located in Burbank, CA!
- We have (9) Full Time DSP position available.
- Days and hours: Day/Swing and NOC
- Hourly wage: $13.50
ABOUT THE POSITION: DSPs will provide care, supervision, and support for children, ages 6-17, with intellectual disabilities and other complex behavioral and emotional challenges
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES. In collaboration with the Program Administrator and other team members, DSPs will:
- Provide supervision and support for each individual
- Assist with activities of daily living, including preparing meals, assisting with hygiene, and development of social skills.
- Maintain progress notes and other client and program information
- Supervise and take clients to medical and dental appointments, community outings, and other activities.
Education and Experience: Must meet Title 17 and Title 22 requirements. Six months experience working with developmentally disabled children ages 6-17 years.
Skills and Abilities: Maturity and ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities and situations requiring tact, poise, friendliness, and sensitivity. Be able to maintain integrity and confidentiality regulations in regard to client information and records. Sympathetic and objective understanding of individuals with mental, emotional and developmental disabilities. Must be able to communicate well in English, both verbally and in writing. Ability to communicate verbally by phone in English in a clear and concise manner. Utilize positive "care taking" strategies for resident supervision. Nurture and support multiple-challenged residents.
Physical Abilities: Ability to lift up to 40 lbs., approximately three (3) times per week. Must be able to navigate several flights of stairs during each work shift. Ability to drive in heavy traffic and inclement weather.
Mental Abilities: Ability to think clearly and manage multiple changing priorities, and remain pleasant and positive. Requires critical thinking and ability to manage difficult population. Requires good judgement.
License Required: Must have valid California Driver's License; good driving record. Proof of current auto insurance and must meet insurability requirements of Anka insurance carrier.
Others: Preferably has CPR/First Aid which includes Children, Preferably has CPI
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision
- 9 Paid time off for holidays and generous vacation plan
- Employer paid life insurance plan.
- Matching 401k
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare, child care and commuter expenses.
- Discounts, appreciation events, and more.