Direct Support Professional - Part Time
Anka is seeking a responsible and highly motivated Direct Support Professional for a day program for developmentally disabled adults located in Livermore, CA.
Days/Hours of position: Monday, Thursday, and Friday; 8AM - 4PM
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have provided caring, dependable, and professional community behavioral health and social service programs that serve over 15,000 individuals throughout California and Michigan each year. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org for more information.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Under the supervision of the Program Administrator, the Direct Support Professional is responsible for the direct supervision and support of each consumer, including: implementation of needs and services plan; assistance with activities of daily living; preparing meals; activity planning/coordinating and charting. The direct care staff must provide support to clients in the program and assist them in meeting goals listed within their individual program plans.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direct supervision and support for each client as determined by their individual service plan and behavioral plan.
- Provide assistance to client in basic self-help skills, daily living skills, adaptive living skill areas, and implement training skill programs.
- Maintain daily logs and data reports.
- Act as an appropriate role model for clients by dressing and behaving in a socially appropriate manner.
- Prepare meals and snacks as indicated on weekly menus and engage clients in meal preparation tasks to the extent that they choose or are able to participate.
- Supervise and escort clients to medical and dental appointments, community outings, and other activities as assigned by Program Administrator.
Education Required: High School Diploma or equivalent and some related post-secondary education.
Experience Required: Minimum of one year experience providing direct supervision and special services to persons with
Other Requirements: Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing with proof of current auto insurance. Ability to pass pre-employment background check, Med/TB clearance.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision
- 11 Paid time off for holidays and generous vacation plan
- Employer paid life insurance plan.
- Matching 401k
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare, child care and commuter expenses.
- Discounts, appreciation events, and more