Direct Support Professional (Lead) - (5) F/T position (Beck Lane)
Anka is looking for five (5) kind and flexible Direct Support Professional Lead to support our new program Beck Lane in Vacaville, Ca.
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have provided caring, dependable, and professional community behavioral health and social service programs that serve nearly 15,000 individuals throughout California and Michigan each year. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org for more information.
Adult Residential Facility, 4-bed highly structured short-term residential treatment facility for developmentally disabled adults, age 18-59, with a dual diagnosis mental illness that are experiencing a crisis and are in temporary need of intensive services.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Program Administrator, develop and facilitate individualized programs of functional skills instruction to promote independence, interdependence, and community integration.
SCHEDULE: Multiple openings and various schedules
(1) 12:00 am to 8:00 am
(2) 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
(3) 5:00 pm to 12:00 am
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist program administrator in developing functional goals for individuals within the program.
- Complete daily and monthly documentation.
- Provide transportation to outings.
- Assess and document instructional needs initially and on an ongoing basis, develops and facilitates skills instruction in appropriate setting.
- Collaborate with involved agencies and individuals to promote integration and utilize community resources.
- Participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team and assist in the evaluation and assessment, treatment planning, and discharge planning for each consumer.
- Provide direct care, training and supervision to the consumers as prescribed in the individual IPP and provided for in the Program Design and Training Schedule.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Must meet Title 17 and Title 22 requirements. 12 months experience working with developmentally disabled, preferably adults, in a day program setting working with persons that are dually diagnosed with behaviors that may impact health and safety.
Thank you for your interest! To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements.
ANKA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, gender identity, disability (physical/mental), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Minorities/Consumers/Former Clients are encouraged to apply.
LICENSE REQUIRED: DSP I, DSP II & CPT Certification preferred but not a requirement, Current CPR/First Aid
Possession of DOJ Clearance, child abuse index clearance, and TB clearance prior to provision of services.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing with proof of current auto insurance. Ability to pass pre-employment background check, Med/TB clearance.
WHAT WE OFFER: We value our employees and provide competitive benefit and health plans:
- Medical, dental, vision
- 11 Paid time off for holidays and generous vacation plan
- Employer paid life insurance plan.
- Matching 401k
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare, child care and commuter expenses.
- Discounts, appreciation events, and more