Direct Support Professional (NOC)
Anka is looking for a compassionate and flexible Part Time Direct Support Professional to join our team at our Anka Priscilla Lane facility in Stockton, CA.
ABOUT ANKA: Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. Please visit our website at http://www.ankabhi.org for more information. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Anka Pricilla Lane Home is a safe, supportive, step-down home for five individuals with intellectual disabilities and complex behavioral challenges. This program operates as a step-down facility for individuals transitioning out of a community crisis home. The care, support and supervision provided at Pricilla Lane are tailored to each individual’s strengths, challenges, interests and goals. Through a variety of daily home and community activities, a team of qualified staff and behavioral and psychiatric specialists work with program participants to build their adaptive skills (self-care, communication, social, etc.), increase confidence, and improve their overall quality of life.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Program Administrator, provide rehabilitative support services in a 5-bed community, highly structured adult residential care facility for adults with developmental disabilities and behavioral challenges age 18-59. This is a non-exempt position
Days/Hours of Shift available: Friday - Monday; 11PM - 7AM
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the supervision of the Program Administrator:
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary team and assist in the evaluation, assessment, and treatment planning for each resident.
- Provide for the physical care, training, supervision and recreation of residents
- Assist residents with learning behavior management skills and hygiene
- Maintain and upkeep the beds, clothing and living areas of the residents
- Work with workshop staff and others to provide comprehensive program for the residents.
- Assist with medication and documentation
- Assist and encourage the residents in developing self-reliance in activities of daily living
Education and Experience: Must meet Title 17 and Title 22 requirements. Six months experience working with developmentally disabled, preferably adults, in a residential setting working with persons that are dually diagnosed with behaviors that may impact health and safety.
License preferred: Possession of DSP I, DSP II, CPT certificates, child abuse index clearance, and TB clearance prior to provision of services.
Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing with proof of current auto insurance. Ability to pass pre-employment background check, Med/TB clearance.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision
- 11 Paid time off for holidays and generous vacation plan
- Employer paid life insurance plan.
- Matching 401k
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare, child care and commuter expenses.
- Discounts, appreciation events, and more