Licensed Psychiatric Technician LPT
Anka is looking for kind and motivated LPT's to join our team at the Anka Tranquility Home facility in Morgan Hill, CA. Full-Time, Part-Time, and On-Call positions available!
DEFINITION: Under the supervision of the Program Administrator, participate in the operation of a 4-bed Enhanced Behavioral Support Home for the stabilization, support and treatment for people who have intellectual disabilities, behavioral challenges, and health conditions. This is a non-exempt position.
- Provide daily nursing services as detailed in the client’s health care plan. Some examples include: diabetes monitoring, medication administration, and wound care.
- Chart and report any significant changes in condition and general progress of residents to Program Administrator, Medical Director, physicians and psychiatrists.
- Follow and adhere to all medication policies regarding dispensing, administration, record keeping, storage and accountability for inventory.
- Report any sudden marked changes or adverse changes in signs, symptoms, or behaviors.
- Facilitate an integrated, cohesive and supportive treatment approach and attitude. Act as a role model and participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team with other staff.
- Assist clients in their daily activity schedules in accordance with individual treatment plans.
- Assist clients in activities of daily living, including hygiene, nutrition, community integration, and communication.
- Possess a clinical understanding of and therapeutic relationship with clients to facilitate an integrated, cohesive, coordinated and supportive treatment approach.
- Assist in the admission process and preparation of all required forms on clients accepted into the program, including initial intakes and treatment plans, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Complete accurate and timely charting in accordance with Quality Assurance Standards and Medi-Cal/ Medicare guidelines and requirements.
- Participate in daily individual counseling to residents, medication support, education programs, and case management services for clients.
- Develop cross-cultural awareness of culturally diverse population and apply appropriate interventions in assisting staff with socio/cultural issues.
- Provide supervision of residents, have a working knowledge of, and provide crisis prevention and intervention for residents.
- Protect consumer rights and maintain residents' confidentiality. Assure residents' safety at all times.
- Work the hours required and as scheduled by the Program Director, including overnights, weekends, holidays, occasional fill-in for other staff, and on-call responsibilities.
- Contribute to the ongoing maintenance, safety, and housekeeping of the facility.
- Participate in in-service training provided by the Regional Center and Anka Behavioral Health, Inc.
- Complete twenty (20) hours of continuing education, within each twelve month period following the assumption of duties.
- Provide for the care and safety of residents without physical or verbal abuse, exploitation or prejudice. Report any incidents or suspected incidents of abuse according to current law and Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. Policies and Procedures.
- Report observations or evidence of violations of any personal rights specified in Titles 17 and 22, and any unusual or special incidents as defined by Title 17 and 22.
- Provide community linkage and community public relations when necessary.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Must obey all federal, state, and local laws and Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. Policies and Procedures.
- Comply with the ABH policy requirement to submit proof of valid CDL, maintain good driving record, and submit proof of auto insurance and must meet insurability requirements of Anka insurance carrier.
LICENSE: Possession of a valid California license to practice as a Licensed Psychiatric Technician or Licensed Vocational Nurse, issued by the California Board of Psychiatric Technician Examiners, current and in good standing.
EXPERIENCE: Requires two years’ experience providing services to individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Skills and abilities to handle clinical issues in a fast paced environment resulting from the complexity of enhanced behavior supports homes. Ability to work with a variety of people in situations varying from community, hospital, family and other sources. Ability to communicate well in English, both verbally and in writing. Ability to communicate verbally by phone in English in a clear and concise manner. Basic computer skills for using word processing (WORD), email (OUTLOOK), Internet, and related business applications.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES: Requires performance of facility chores, errands and ability to lift 40 pounds approximately 3-4 times per week. Ability to drive safely in heavy traffic and inclement weather.
DRIVERS LICENSE REQUIRED: A valid California Driver’s License - Class III/C. Proof of auto insurance.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision
- 11 days paid time off for holidays and generous vacation plan
- Employer paid life insurance plan, LTD and ADD.
- Matching 401k
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare, child care and commuter expenses.
- Discounts, appreciation events, and more
Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin,
ethnicity, gender, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, or sexual orientation, transgender.
Minorities/Consumers/Ex-Consumers are encouraged to apply.
About Anka: Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. is a private non-profit agency providing community mental health services. The Mission of Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. is to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. Services include crisis, transitional and long term residential treatment, day rehabilitation, assisted and independent living, Mental Health Rehabilitation Center, vocational rehabilitation and employment services, multi-service centers and a shelter for the homeless. Corporation services are provided throughout California.