Direct Support Professional- On Call
Anka is looking for a kind and flexible DSP to join our team at the Anka Glen Eden facility in Hayward, Ca.
The shift would be as follows: Various shifts...
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have provided caring, dependable, and professional community behavioral health and social service programs that serve nearly 15,000 individuals throughout California and Michigan each year. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org for more information.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Anka-Glen Eden is a safe, supportive, and permanent home for four women with intellectual disabilities and co-occurring behavioral and emotional challenges. In response, the care, support and supervision provided at Anka-Glen Eden are tailored to each individual’s strengths, challenges, interests and goals. Through a variety of daily home and community activities, a team of qualified staff and behavioral and psychiatric specialists work with individuals served to build their adaptive skills (self-care, communication, social, etc.), increase confidence, and improve their overall quality of life.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Program Administrator of Anka Behavioral Health, Inc., provide support and training for 4 adults age 18-59; developmentally disabled population with co-occurring mental illness. The Direct Support Professional (Direct Care) shall work under the general direction of the Program Administrator. Shall be competent to provide the services necessary to meet individual resident needs and shall, at all times, be employed in numbers necessary to meet such needs. Responsible for providing supervision and support to adults residing at Glen Eden Home, and for assisting them to meet goals described in their individual needs and services or individual program plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide supervision and support for each resident to assist in the implementation of needs and services plan and individual program plan, including providing assistance to residents in basic self help skills, daily living skills and adaptive living skill areas, and implement training skill programs.
- Maintain daily logs and data reports.
- Act as an appropriate role model for residents by dressing and behaving in a socially appropriate manner.
- Prepare meals and snacks as indicated on weekly menus. The Direct Support Professional (Direct Care) Staff will prepare meals and snacks while involving residents in meal preparation tasks to the extent that residents choose to participate.
- Take residents to medical and dental appointments, and any outside activities, as assigned by the Program Administrator.
- Assist residents to take self administered, prescribed medications
Thank you for your interest! To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements.
ANKA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, gender identity, disability (physical/mental), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Minorities/Consumers/Former Clients are encouraged to app
Minimum Qualifications: Eighteen years of age or older.
Education: High School graduate. Successful completion of Direct Care Staff Competency Based Training and Testing Requirements as specified in Title 17, §56031-56035.
Experience: Minimum of six months of prior experience providing direct supervision and special services to persons with developmental disabilities. Experience in person centered program development and implementation.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing with proof of current auto insurance. Ability to pass pre-employment background check, Med/TB clearance.