LVN/ LPT Part-Time (2)
Anka is seeking Part-Time Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) / Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT) for our Adolescent Crisis Residential Treatment (CRT) program in Fremont, CA!
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have provided caring, dependable, and professional community behavioral health and social service programs that serve nearly 15,000 individuals throughout California and Michigan each year. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org for more information.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Our Crisis Residential Treatment (CRT) Programs are designed for individuals experiencing an acute behavioral health crisis. Unlike programs that are held in a psychiatric unit or hospital-like facility, Casa Fremont is held in a natural home setting in order to better engage the individual in the recovery process. Our clients participate in a highly structured recovery program and work with a team of specialists who help them resolve the behavioral or emotional issues associated with their crisis and give them the tools necessary to help them work through future challenges and re-integrate back into the community.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The LVN / LPT will be an essential team member in the support and treatment of our adolescent clients in our CRT program. The program is voluntary and client-centered. The primary goal of CRT is to divert clients from hospitalization and provide a positive and therapeutic environment. This CRT program has 6 beds for adolescents aged 11-17. This is a non-exempt position.
Days/Hours: Thursday - Sunday; 12AM (midnight) - 8AM
Saturday - Sunday; 8PM - 12AM (midnight)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: In cooperation and collaboration with the Program Administrator and clinical team, the LVN / LPT will:
- Provide daily nursing services such as client care, individual counseling, medication support, and case management.
- Participate in updating of treatment plans, administering medications, and monitoring interactions
- Chart and report any significant changes in condition and general progress of clients
- Administer, monitor and take inventory of medications
- Assist with training staff on medication protocol and procedures
- Conduct medication audits and ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies
- Assist in the implementation, promotion and daily operation of a residential treatment facility.
- Monitor treatment plans, assist clients with self-administration of medications, and monitor interactions, side effects, etc., in consultation with physician/psychiatrist and all other treatment staff. Obtain vital signs as requested by physician.
- Two years of experience in the mental health field.
- One year of experience in a residential setting is preferred
- Bi-cultural/bi-lingual experience preferred
- Must have possession of LVN/LPT license issued by the California Board of Psychiatric Technician Examiners or Board of Vocational Nurses
- Must have valid California Driver's License; good driving record. Proof of current auto insurance and must meet insurability requirements of Anka insurance carrier.