Direct Support Professionals
Anka is looking for kind and flexible full time Direct Support Professionals to join our team at our Orchard Lane in Orangevale, CA.
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have provided caring, dependable, and professional community behavioral health and social service programs that serve over 15,000 individuals throughout California and Michigan each year. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org for more information.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Under the supervision of the Program Administrator, provide rehabilitative support services in a 3-bed community, highly structured adult residential care facility for adults with Autism and behavioral challenges age 18-59. This is a non-exempt position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team and assist in the evaluation and assessment, treatment planning, and discharge planning for each resident.
- Assist residents with habit training, maintenance of a well-groomed appearance, and maintenance of beds, clothing and living areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Assist and encourage the residents in developing self-reliance in activities of daily living.
- Escort residents to intramural or extramural medical, health, or other community services, and program outings (cultural and community events), including to Regional Center’s Specialized Behavioral Management Day Program.
- Work with Regional Center, workshop staff, and others to provide comprehensive program for the residents.
- Observe resident conditions and behaviors, documenting in resident records significant issues as they occur and notifying administrator/ director and/ or physician as needed. Report any occurrences to on-coming shift, if appropriate.
- Participate in resident activities including individual and specific group activities as outlined on monthly calendar.
Education and Experience:
Must meet Title 17 and Title 22 requirements. One year experience working with developmentally disabled, preferably adults, in a residential setting working with persons that are dually diagnosed with behaviors that may impact health and safety.
License: Possession of DSP I, DSP II, CPT certificates, child abuse index clearance, and TB clearance prior to provision of services.
Other Requirements: Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing with proof of current auto insurance. Ability to pass pre-employment background check, Med/TB clearance.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Training for DSP I, DSP II and RBT is provided upon hire, when necessary!
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision
- 11 Paid time off for holidays and generous vacation plan
- Employer paid life insurance plan.
- Matching 401k
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare, child care and commuter expenses.
- Discounts, appreciation events, and more