Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker/Childcare Specialists - PT (Fremont)
Anka is looking for kind and flexible Child Care Specialists to join our team at the Casa Fremont facility in Fremont, CA.
- Weekend NOC: Saturday - Sunday 12am - 8am
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have provided caring, dependable, and professional community behavioral health and social service programs that serve nearly 15,000 individuals throughout California and Michigan each year. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org for more information.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Our Crisis Residential Treatment (CRT) Programs are designed for individuals experiencing an acute behavioral health crisis. Unlike programs that are held in a psychiatric unit or hospital-like facility, Casa Fremont is held in a natural home setting in order to better engage the individual in the recovery process. Our clients participate in a highly structured recovery program and work with a team of specialists who help them resolve the behavioral or emotional issues associated with their crisis and give them the tools necessary to help them work through future challenges and re-integrate back into the community.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Child Care Specialist is an integral part of the rehabilitation of clients a Casa Fremont. The primary responsibilities include provide support and counseling services to adolescent clients at Casa Fremont. This is a great position for someone looking to gain valuable experience in the mental health field!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: In collaboration with the Program Administrator and clinical team, Child Care Specialists will:
- Coordinate and monitor treatment plans for the clients, which can include intake, assessment and discharge planning.
- Assist with activities involving rehabilitation and therapy.
- Be responsible for administrative tasks, such as completing progress notes and other client documentation.
- Supervise and escort clients to medical and dental appointments, community outings, and other activities.
- Assist with household chores, shopping and meal preparation.
- Complete intake and discharge process for all clients.
- Assist with passing and managing medications.
- Attend monthly staff meetings including in-service trainings.
- Flexibility in scheduling
EDUCATION REQUIRED: High School Diploma or equivalent and some related post secondary education. B.A. in psychology, social welfare or counseling is preferred.
EXPERIENCED REQUIRED: At least 1 year experience in mental health, social rehab, dual diagnosis, or related field. If no experience, we will train. .
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing with proof of current auto insurance. Ability to pass pre-employment background check, Med/TB clearance