Direct Support Professionals - PT (B)
Anka has a Part Time (B) 16 hours opening for Direct Support Professionals (DSP) at our Evelyn Home for individuals with intellectual disabilities in Rosemead, Ca.
We are currently hiring for the following shifts..
- Part Time B: Friday & Saturday 10pm -6am NOC Shift
This is a non-exempt position.
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION: Anka is a private nonprofit agency providing community mental health services. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org to learn more about our dynamic organization.
ABOUT OUR PROGRAM: Evelyn Home is a safe, supportive, and permanent home for four adults with intellectual disabilities and co-occurring behavioral and emotional challenges. The care, support and supervision provided at Evelyn Home are tailored to each individual’s strengths, challenges, interests and goals. Through a variety of daily home and community activities, a team of qualified staff and behavioral and psychiatric specialists work with program participants to build their adaptive skills.
ABOUT THE POSITION: Under the supervision of the Program Administrator, provide rehabilitative support services in a 4-bed highly structured adult residential treatment facility with intellectual and mental disabilities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team and assist in the evaluation and assessment, treatment planning, and discharge planning for each resident.
- Provide direct care, training and supervision to the residents as prescribed in the individual IPP and provided for in the Facility Program Design and Training Schedule.
- Comply with facility policies and regulations.
- Provide for the physical care, training, supervision and recreation of the clients.
- Be familiar with each resident's IPP goals, objectives and methods for achieving these goals and objectives.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Successful completion of Direct Care Staff Competency Based Training and Testing Requirements as specified in Title 17, 56031-56035. Post-secondary education in social work or related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum six (6) month experience as a DSP in a service level of 4-G or higher. Experience in person centered program development and implementation. Bi-cultural and bi-lingual preferred.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Ability to pass pre-employment background check including DOJ/FBI and TB clearance.
WHAT WE OFFER:We value our employees and provide competitive benefit and health plans in addition to a matching 401k Retirement plan.
ABOUT ANKA: Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. Please visit our website at http://www.ankabhi.org for more information. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.