Direct Support Professionals I & II (2 on-Call)
Anka is seeking caring and dedicated On-Call Direct Support Professionals for our Cottontail House.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
- Our Cottontail Home is a short-term crisis residential program that provides care, supervision, and support for children, ages 6-17, with intellectual disabilities and other complex behavioral and emotional challenges that put them at risk of placement into a developmental center, hospital, or jail.
ABOUT THE POSITION: The DSP will provide care and assistance to individuals that are experiencing intellectual disabilities, co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders who may have prior involvement in the criminal justice system.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES: In collaboration with the Program Administrator and other team members, the DSP will:
- Provide supervision and support for each individual
- Assist in implementing individual treatment plans for residents
- Assist with activities of daily living such as preparing meals, assisting with hygiene, and development of social skills.
- Maintain progress notes and other client and program information
- Supervise and take clients to medical and dental appointments, community outings, and other activities.
Experience: 1 year of prior experience providing direct supervision and special services to persons with developmentally disabilities (Level 4, G,H or I group home facility).
Education Required: Proof of completion of High School Diploma or equivalent. Experience in person centered program development and implementation. Direct Support Professional I &II Certification required.
Other Requirements: Valid California Driver's License in good standing with proof of current auto insurance. Ability to pass pre-employment background check, Med/TB clearance.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We value our employees and offer a challenging and rewarding career path. Here are some of the benefits with working with us:
- Health Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
- Matching 401K Retirement Plan
- Career Advancement Opportunities with Education, Training, and Certification programs
ABOUT ANKA: Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have operated caring, dependable, and professional behavioral health services. We serve nearly 16,000 individuals in need each year. Please visit our website atwww.ankabhi.org for more information.