Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker (On-Call)
Anka is looking for a kind and flexible On-Call Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker to join our team at the Don Brown Shelter in Antioch, CA.
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have provided caring, dependable, and professional community behavioral health and social service programs that serve nearly 15,000 individuals throughout California and Michigan each year. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org for more information.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
The Don Brown Shelter is an emergency shelter for chronically homeless individuals with serious and persistent behavioral health challenges and co-occurring substance use issues. A maximum of 20 individuals are served at the Don Brown Shelter at any given time for up to 30 day increments and can utilize shelter services up to three times per year. Every client at the Don Brown Shelter receives a bed, safe place to store their belongings, three meals per day, transportation to local social services, and access to the Care Centers located in Concord & San Pablo, that provide emergency and supportive services to the local homeless population as well as individuals staying at the Don Brown Shelter.
Various Shifts; some which include 3pm-11pm/ 4pm-12am and 11pm-7am/12am-8am. Sunday - Saturday.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Program Administrator, the primary responsibilities of the Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker I position are to assist members in receiving basic needs and advocacy services; track member usage of facility and services provided; and maintain a clean and sanitary facility using infection prevention standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, coordinate, implement, and monitor individual treatment plans with clients and other treatment agencies and individuals to include intake, assessment, transition, and discharge planning.
- Track and document services provided by MSC/Shelter, including statistical data entry and reporting.
- Provide supervision of members/residents and maintain milieu as needed during awake overnight shifts.
- Perform household cleaning to assure health and safety of members in accordance with infection prevention and control standards. Mop floors, disinfect furniture, sweep, and vacuum. Requires use of household and industrial cleaning materials.
- Maintain a milieu structure that involves the clients in all aspects of the program and participate as an integral part of the therapeutic milieu and as a member of a mental health team in a community-based program.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or Equivalent. B.A. Degree in psychology, social welfare or counseling is preferred
EXPERIENCE: At least 6 mos - 1 year experience in mental health work
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing with proof of current auto insurance. Ability to pass pre-employment background check, Med/TB clearance.