Anka is looking for kind and flexible full time (non exempt) Housekeeper to join our team at Nierika House in Concord, CA.
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have provided caring, dependable, and professional community behavioral health and social service programs that serve nearly 15,000 individuals throughout California and Michigan each year. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org for more information.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
In operation for over 30 years, Nierika House is one of Anka’s oldest and most beloved programs. Anka’s Nierika House is a Crisis Residential Treatment (CRT) Program for individuals experiencing a behavioral health crisis. Unlike programs that are held in a psychiatric unit or hospital-like facility, Nierika House is held in a natural home setting in order to better engage the individual in the recovery process. A maximum of 16 individuals are served at any given time, staying an average of 30 days as they participate in a highly structured recovery program and work with a team of specialists who help them resolve the behavioral or emotional issues.
ABOUT THE POSITION : Under the supervision and direction of the Program Administrator, maintain the cleanliness of the facility perform deep cleaning and regular housekeeping.
Days/Hours of the shift: Monday through Friday 8AM - 5PM
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clean houses with a variety of chemicals, disinfectants
- Vacuum/Sweep hardwood floors and carpet
- Clean bathrooms
- Wash/fold house laundry
- Ensure all beds have flat sheet/top sheet and comforter
- Scrub stains, mold, and mildew from surfaces
- Empty wastebaskets and take out trash multiple times a day. Clean outside and inside of trash receptacles
- Clean inside and outside of refrigerators
- Discard expired and non-dated foods
- Clean oven/stove top after meals and as needed
- Wipe down appliances. Kitchen tables chairs and water dispensers
- Clean desks and offices
Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Experience in the mental health field is a plus.
- Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent.
Other Requirements: Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing with proof of current auto insurance. Ability to pass pre-employment background check, Med/TB clearance and obtain FBI/DOJ fingerprint clearance.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision
- 11 Paid time off for holidays and generous vacation plan
- Employer paid life insurance plan.
- Matching 401k
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare, child care and commuter expenses.
- Discounts, appreciation events, and more