MENTAL HEALTH WORKERS- P/T & ON-CALL/RELIEF
Anka is looking for reliable and dedicated MHRW’s to join our CRT team in the city of Santa Barbara!!!
PM/NOC shift : Friday 3pm-11pm, Thurs. and Fri. 11pm-7pm. We also need Relief staff for various shifts.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM: Our Crisis Residential Treatment (CRT) Programs are designed for individuals experiencing an acute behavioral health crisis. Unlike programs that are held in a psychiatric unit or hospital-like facility, Santa Barbara is held in a natural home setting in order to better engage the individual in the recovery process. Our clients participate in a highly structured recovery program and work with a team of specialists who help them resolve the behavioral or emotional issues associated with their crisis and give them the tools necessary to help them work through future challenges and re-integrate back into the community.
ABOUT THE POSITION: The MHRW will be integral part of the rehabilitation of clients and mental health team in our CRT program. The CRT’s primary goal is to divert clients from hospitalization and provide a positive and therapeutic environment. This CRT program has 10 beds.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES. In collaboration with the Program Administrator and Team Lead, MHRWs will:
• Be responsible for administrative tasks, such as progress notes and other client and program information.
• Supervision of clients at all times using rounds log.
• Flexibility in scheduling
• Preparing and cooking meals for the clients according to rotating weekly menus, keeping food stocked and kitchen clean and organized at all times.
• Administering oral medications and documenting on MAR upon successful completion of Medication Training by Licensed staff. MHRW's will only administer medications when licensed staff is not on duty.
• Able to be a team player and get along well with others
Cleaning and setup of rooms for next client.
VALID DRIVERS LICENSE AND CURRENT AUTO INSURANCE
MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE HIRE
MUST HAVE RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION
NOC SHIFT REQUIRES STAFF TO BE AWAKE AND ALERT AT ALL TIMES DURING SHIFT
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- At least one (1) year experience in mental health work or education preferred.
- Experience in a residential treatment setting desired.
- Bi-cultural/bi-lingual is an asset.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Post-secondary education in social work or related field preferred.
- Must have valid California Driver’s License; good driving record. Proof of current auto insurance and must be able to pass a pre-employment background screening and obtain FBI/DOJ fingerprint clearance.
WHAT WE OFFER: We value our employees and provide competitive benefit and health plans in addition to a matching 401k Retirement plan.
ABOUT ANKA: Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. Please visit our website at http://www.ankabhi.org for more information. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.