Direct Support Professional II - (6) Full Time Needed
Anka has (6) Full Time openings for Direct Support Professionals II (DSP) at our
NEW ANKA LA PUENTE VILLA...OPENING IN MARCH 2018 for individuals with intellectual disabilities in
La Puente, Ca.
Anka is a private non-profit agency providing community mental health services. The Mission of Anka BHI is to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. Services include crisis, transitional and long term residential treatment, day rehabilitation, assisted and independent living, vocational rehabilitation and employment services, multi-service centers and a shelter for the homeless. Corporation services are provided in Riverside, Ventura, Los Angeles, Contra Costa, Solano,San Joaquin, San Diego, and other counties in Southern California.
DEFINITION: Under the supervision of the Program Administrator, provide rehabilitative support services in a 3 bed highly structured community residential treatment facility for youth ages 6 - 17 with developmental disabilities and mental disabilities. This is a non-exempt position.
- Participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team and assist in the evaluation and assessment, treatment planning, and discharge planning for each resident.
- Provide direct care, training and supervision to the residents as prescribed in the individual IPP and provided for in the Facility Program Design and Training Schedule.
- Comply with facility policies and regulations.
- Provide for the physical care, training, supervision and recreation of the clients.
- Be familiar with each resident's IPP goals, objectives and methods for achieving these goals and objectives.
- Promote special and individual events for the residents (birthdays, dances, community outings, cultural celebrations, etc.).
- Assist residents with feeding, habit training, maintenance of a well-groomed appearance, and maintenance of beds,clothing and living areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Work with regional center personnel, workshop staff, and others to provide comprehensive program for the residents.
- Assist and encourage the residents in developing self-reliance in activities of daily living.
- Administer treatments and special diets as ordered by physician.
- Attend resident conferences as may be required.
- Assure that each resident receives substantial and appropriate attention daily.
- Be continuously ready to assist residents in areas of need.
- Observe resident conditions and behaviors, documenting in resident records significant issues as they occur and notifying administrator/ director and/ or physician as needed. Report any occurrences to on-coming shift, if appropriate.
- Assist the Program Administrator in making full use of emergency resources.
- Help create a safe, therapeutic, and home-like environment
Job descriptions are subject to change without notice based on the needs of Agency/Program.
Education and Experience: Must meet Title 17 and Title 22 requirements. One year experience working with adults with developmental and/or intellectual disabilities.
Skills and Abilities: Maturity and ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities and situations requiring tact, poise, friendliness, and sensitivity. Be able to maintain integrity and confidentiality regulations in regard to client information and records. Sympathetic and objective understanding of individuals with mental, emotional and developmental disabilities. Must be able to communicate well in English, both verbally and in writing. Ability to communicate verbally by phone in English in a clear and concise manner. Utilize positive "care taking" strategies for resident supervision. Nurture and support multiple-challenged residents.
Physical Abilities: Ability to lift up to 40 lbs., approximately three (3) times per week. Must be able to navigate several flights of stairs during each work shift. Ability to drive in heavy traffic and inclement weather.
Mental Abilities: Ability to think clearly and manage multiple changing priorities, and remain pleasant and positive. Requires critical thinking and ability to manage difficult population. Requires good judgement.
License Required: A valid California Driver's License - Class IIB. Proof of current auto insurance.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision
- 11 Paid time off for holidays and generous vacation plan
- Employer paid life insurance plan.
- Matching 401k
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare, child care and commuter expenses.
- Discounts, appreciation events, and more
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. Please visit our website at http://www.ankabhi.org for more information. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.