LPT / LVN (Hayward)
Anka is looking for a kind and flexible full time LPT/LVN to join our team at the Hayward Hills facility in Hayward, CA.
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have provided caring, dependable, and professional community behavioral health and social service programs that serve nearly 15,000 individuals throughout California and Michigan each year. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org for more information.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Hayward Hills is a short-term crisis residential program that provides care, supervision, and support for adults with intellectual disabilities and other complex behavioral and emotional challenges that could potentially jeopardize their home or community placement and put them at risk of developmental center, hospital, or jail admission. A maximum of four individuals are served at Hayward Hills at any given time, staying an average of 3-6 months while they participate in an intensive recovery program that focuses on crisis and medication stabilization and positive behavioral supports.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Program Administrator, provide a basic level of general behavioral and psychiatric nursing care in a 4-bed highly structured short term residential treatment program for adults age 18-59 developmentally disabled population experiencing a psychiatric or behavioral crisis. Residents may have other medical conditions that can be managed in a non-medical community-based residential treatment facility. This is a non-exempt position.
Shift Days/Hours: Sunday - Thursday
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the physical and emotional safety of residents at the home at all times.
- Provide a basic level of general behavioral and psychiatric nursing care to individuals with mental, emotional, and developmental disabilities in a home-like setting.
- In coordination with staff of Anka, Lanterman, the Regional Center, and other school and government resources, develop recommendations for appropriate treatment, training and discharge planning.
- Assist residents in self-administration of medications and be careful to document and record all medications dispensed.
- Perform nursing procedures such as charting and reporting side effects of medications and other procedures as covered by scope of practice (i.e., temperature, pulse, blood pressure, respiration, etc.).
- Report on physical and behavioral changes; record and document these changes in logs and charting.
- Monitor charts and timeliness of charting.
- Assist in the creation of a safe and therapeutic environment for residents.
- Motivate residents using positive reinforcements to develop self-reliance in daily living through participation in group and individual program activities.
Professional License: Possess a valid license to practice as a LPT or LVN, current in good standing, by the California Board of Vocational Nurse and Psychiatric Technician Examiners.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent required. B.A. Degree or M.A. Degree in psychology, social welfare or related field is preferred.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing with proof of current auto insurance. Ability to pass pre-employment background check, Med/TB clearance.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision
- 11 Paid time off for holidays and generous vacation plan
- Employer paid life insurance plan.
- Matching 401k
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare, child care and commuter expenses.
- Discounts, appreciation events, and more