Registered Nurse (Lafayette)
Anka is looking for an experienced Registered Nurse to join our team at the new Casa Oakview facility in Lafayette, CA.
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have provided caring, dependable, and professional community behavioral health and social service programs that serve nearly 15,000 individuals throughout California and Michigan each year. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org for more information.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM: Casa Oakview is a 6 bed Congregate Living Health Facility for adolescents with Eating Disorders who require 24-hour supervision and intense structure. The program's primary goal is to provide a client and family centered holistic treatment center for adolescents with eating disorders.
Shift days/hours: Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday; 8AM - 4PM
ABOUT THE POSITION: The Registered Nurse will provide components of health education program and provide direct nursing care to clients. The RN will develop, implement, and evaluate nursing care plans for each client in the facility and collaborate with other treatment team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in and monitor treatment plans, administer medications, and monitor interactions, side effects, etc., in consultation with the Medical Director, physicians, psychiatrists, and all other treatment staff.
- Within 3 days of admission, complete nursing evaluation and planning, in consultation with treatment team.
- Assist in development and implementation of Health related policies and procedures.
- Be knowledgeable of adolescent development and working within a family systems framework.
- Complete accurate and timely charting in accordance with Quality Assurance Standards and Medi-Cal/ Medicare guidelines and requirements.
- Participate in weekly family meetings, evaluations and case conferences, and update treatment plans when indicated. Attend team meetings and staff meetings.
- Participate in and provide health and medication education trainings for nursing staff and other staff.
- Coordinate with persons involved in residents' care, i.e. family, case managers, treatment staff, and therapists, to ensure continuity of care.
- Protect consumer rights and maintain residents' confidentiality. Assure residents' safety at all times.
- Work the hours required and as scheduled by the Program Administrator, including occasional fill-in for other staff and on-call responsibilities.
- Provide community linkage and community public relations when necessary.
ANKA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, gender identity, disability (physical/mental), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Minorities/Consumers/Former Clients are encouraged to apply.
LICENSE: Possess a valid RN License to practice as a Registered Nurse, issued by the State of California, current in good standing.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of nursing experience specifically with eating disorders clients. Two years’ experience with adolescents (ages 12-17 years).
SUBSTITUTION: Additional post-baccalaureate nursing experience in a mental health setting may be substituted on a year for year basis for the educational requirement.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing with proof of current auto insurance. Ability to pass pre-employment background check, Med/TB clearance.