Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)- Beck Lane
Anka is looking for a kind and flexible full time LVN to join our team at Beck Lane in Vacaville, CA.
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have provided caring, dependable, and professional community behavioral health and social service programs that serve nearly 15,000 individuals throughout California and Michigan each year. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org for more information.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Adult Residential Facility, 4-bed highly structured short-term residential treatment facility for developmentally disabled adults, age 18-59, with a dual diagnosis mental illness that are experiencing a crisis and are in temporary need of intensive services.
Hrs./Days: Monday thru Friday, 4:00pm to 12:00am…..with Full Benefits
ABOUT THE POSITION:
LVN shall work under the general direction of the Program Administrator. Shall be competent to provide the services necessary to meet individual resident needs and shall, at all times, be employed in numbers necessary to meet such needs. Responsible for providing supervision and support to adults residing at Beck Lane and for assisting them to meet goals described in their individual needs and services or individual program plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in supervising staff on designated shifts regarding implementation of program policies and procedures. Report programmatic and staff related concerns to Program Administrator.
- Provide supervision, training, safety training, program orientation, and organization of programmatic clinical trainings for new staff and for staff development.
- Ensure staff duties are conducted in a professional manner and act as a role model for other staff.
- Ensure community safety by monitoring whereabouts of all consumers/ residents at all times, no exceptions.
- Assure that crisis intervention, monitoring and management of symptoms, group and one to one counseling and medications monitoring, etc., occur ongoing throughout each shift.
- Administer prescribed medications to residents per physician’s orders.
- Observe and assess resident response to specified types of medications, alerting physician and designated personnel of unexpected reactions.
- Plan, schedule and develop therapeutic treatment activities for clients.
- Plan and implement psycho-educational measures and assure all scheduled groups, i.e., social, recreational, dual diagnosis, living skills, medication education, household management, etc., occur as scheduled.
ANKA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, gender identity, disability (physical/mental), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Minorities/Consumers/Former Clients are encouraged to apply.
License Required: Possession of a valid California license in good standing to practice as a LVN issued by the California Board of Vocational Nurses and Psychiatric Technician Examiners..
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Behavioral Science, Recreational Therapy, or related field, desired. Successful completion of Direct Care Staff Competency Based Training and Testing Requirements as specified in Title 17, §56031-56035.
Experience: Experience working as a Lead LPT working with DD clients who have a criminal history, behavioral issues, or dual diagnosis is a plus. Minimum of six months of prior experience providing direct supervision and special services to persons with developmental disabilities. Experience in person centered program development and implementation.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing with proof of current auto insurance. Ability to pass pre-employment background check, Med/TB clearance.
WHAT WE OFFER: We value our employees and provide competitive benefit and health plans:
- Medical, dental, vision
- 11 Paid time off for holidays and generous vacation plan
- Employer paid life insurance plan.
- Matching 401k
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare, child care and commuter expenses.
- Discounts, appreciation events, and more