Direct Support Specialist (DSP) Part Time B
Anka is looking for caring and dedicated (1) Part Time/B Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) 1:1 for our program called
Glen Eden Home located in Hayward , CA
Possession of DSP Certificate preferred.
Will be providing 1:1 services for clients with Developmental and/or Intellectual disabilities in a group home setting
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Cottontail Home is a short-term crisis residential program that provides care, supervision, and support for children, ages 6-17, with intellectual disabilities and other complex behavioral and emotional challenges.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES. In collaboration with the Program Administrator and other team members, DSPs will:
- Provide supervision and support for each individual
- Assist with activities of daily living, including preparing meals, assisting with hygiene, and development of social skills.
- Maintain progress notes and other client and program information
- Supervise and take clients to medical and dental appointments, community outings, and other activities.
- Preferred: One year prior residential experience providing direct supervision and special services to persons with disabilities
- Possess a caring and positive attitude and desire to help people.
- High School degree or equivalent
- Must have valid California Driver's License; good driving record. Proof of current auto insurance and must meet insurability requirements of Anka insurance carrier.
WHAT WE OFFER: We value our employees and provide competitive benefit and health plans in addition to a matching 401k Retirement plan.
ABOUT ANKA: Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. Please visit our website at http://www.ankabhi.org for more information. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.