Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker (Full-Time)
Anka is looking for kind and motivated Full-Time Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker to join our team at Casa Vallejo in Vallejo, Ca.
This position's shifts include: Sunday - Friday 7 AM- 3 PM
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Casa Vallejo is a Crisis Residential Treatment (CRT) Program that supports the needs of adults recovering from a behavioral health crisis, including providing treatment and support for people with co-occurring substance use disorders. Unlike programs that are held in a psychiatric unit or hospital-like facility, Casa Vallejo provides a safe, home-like environment exclusively for Kaiser Permanente members. A maximum of six individuals are served at any given time, staying an average of 5-7 days as they participate in a highly structured recovery program and work with a team of specialists who help them resolve the behavioral or emotional issues associated with their crisis and give them the tools necessary to help them work through future challenges and re-integrate back into the community.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Program Administrator, participate in the planning, development, implementation, evaluation and promotion of a 6-bed crisis residential treatment facility for psychiatrically acute or sub-acute adults who have, or may be at risk of, a co-occurring disorder and require 24-hour supervision and intense structure. The program's primary goal is to divert clients from hospitalization or act as an alternative to hospitalization and to provide assessment. The primary responsibility of a MHRW is to provide counseling services (milieu, group, individual) within the therapeutic milieu using social rehabilitation principles in a community-based setting. This is a non-exempt position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, coordinate, implement, and monitor individual treatment plans with clients and other individuals to include intake, assessment, transition, and discharge planning.
- Complete the admission process of all clients accepted into the program including an initial intake interview, document action, initial diagnosis and treatment plan within 24 hours.
- Maintain a milieu structure that involves the clients in all aspects of the program and participate as an integral part of the therapeutic milieu and as a member of a mental health team in a community-based program.
- Participate in weekly evaluation of clients' progress in case conference with supervisor, consultants and other staff members, and meet with clients to review case conference discussion, update treatment plans, and provide aftercare follow-up as delegated by supervisor.
- Assist clients in developing and following a daily activity schedule in accordance with individual treatment/discharge plans.
- Facilitate groups and activities to include but not be limited to: psycho-educational groups, basic living skills, community outings, and group counseling, and participate in 1:1 supervision sessions and weekly team supervision sessions.
Education Required: High School Diploma or equivalent and some related post secondary education. B.A. or M.A. in psychology, social welfare or counseling is preferred. Alcohol and Drug counseling certification preferred.
1 year experience in mental health, social rehab, dual diagnosis, substance abuse or related field preferred. Bi-cultural/bi-lingual experience is an asset.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing with proof of current auto insurance. Ability to pass pre-employment background check, Med/TB clearance.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision
- 11 days paid time off for holidays and generous vacation plan
- Employer paid life insurance plan, LTD and ADD.
- Matching 401k
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare, child care and commuter expenses.
- Discounts, appreciation events, and more
Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin,
ethnicity, gender, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, or sexual orientation, transgender.
Minorities/Consumers/Ex-Consumers are encouraged to apply.
About Anka: Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. is a private non-profit agency providing community mental health services. The Mission of Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. is to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. Services include crisis, transitional and long term residential treatment, day rehabilitation, assisted and independent living, Mental Health Rehabilitation Center, vocational rehabilitation and employment services, multi-service centers and a shelter for the homeless. Corporation services are provided throughout California.