Direct Support Professionals - F/T Beck Lane
Anka is looking for five(5) caring and flexible Direct Support Professionals (DSP) to join our new program Beck Lane in Vacaville, Ca.
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have provided caring, dependable, and professional community behavioral health and social service programs that serve nearly 15,000 individuals throughout California and Michigan each year. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org for more information.
Adult Residential Facility, 4-bed highly structured short-term residential treatment facility for developmentally disabled adults, age 18-59, with a dual diagnosis mental illness that are experiencing a crisis and are in temporary need of intensive services.
SCHEDULE: Multiple openings and various schedules
(1) 12:00 am to 8:00 am
(2) 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
(3) 5:00 pm to 12:00 am
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide supervision and support for each resident to assist in the implementation of needs and services plan and individual program plan, including providing assistance to residents in basic self-help skills, daily living skills and adaptive living skill areas, and implement training skill programs.
- Maintain daily logs and data reports.
- Act as an appropriate role model for residents by dressing and behaving in a socially appropriate manner.
- Prepare meals and snacks as indicated on weekly menus. The Direct Support Professional (Direct Care) Staff will prepare meals and snacks while involving residents in meal preparation tasks to the extent that residents choose to participate.
- Take residents to medical and dental appointments, and any outside activities, as assigned by the Program Administrator.
- Assist residents to take self-administered, prescribed medications.
Thank you for your interest! To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements.
EDUCATION: High School graduate. Preferred - Successful completion of Direct Care Staff Competency Based Training and Testing Requirements as specified in Title 17, §56031-56035
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of six months of prior experience providing direct supervision and special services to persons with developmental disabilities. Experience in person centered program development and implementation.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing with proof of current auto insurance. Ability to pass pre-employment background check, Med/TB clearance.
WHAT WE OFFER: We value our employees and provide competitive benefit and health plans:
- Medical, dental, vision
- 11 Paid time off for holidays and generous vacation plan
- Employer paid life insurance plan.
- Matching 401k
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare, child care and commuter expenses.
- Discounts, appreciation events, and more