Driver (Part -Time)
Anka is looking for a kind and flexible Driver to join our team to work as a driver at two programs in Sacramento County!
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have provided caring, dependable, and professional community behavioral health and social service programs that serve nearly 15,000 individuals throughout California and Michigan each year. Please visit our website at http://www.ankabhi.org for more information.
ABOUT THE PROGRAMS:
Casa Willow: a Crisis Residential Treatment (CRT) Program that supports the needs of adults recovering from a behavioral health crisis. Unlike programs that are held in a psychiatric unit or hospital-like facility, Casa Willow provides a safe, home-like environment exclusively for Kaiser Permanente members. A maximum of six individuals are served at any given time, staying an average of 5-7 days as they participate in a highly structured recovery program and work with a team of specialists who help them resolve the behavioral or emotional issues associated with their crisis and give them the tools necessary to help them work through future challenges and re-integrate back into the community.
Casa Carmichael: a Crisis Residential Treatment (CRT) Program that support’s youth recovering from a behavioral health crisis. Unlike programs that are held in a psychiatric unit or hospital-like facility, Casa Carmichael provides a safe, home-like environment for youth 11-17 years of age. A maximum of six youth are served at any given time, staying an average of 5-7 days as they participate in a highly structured recovery program and work with a team of specialists who help them resolve the behavioral or emotional issues associated with their crisis.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The primary responsibility is to provide transportation of clients and monitor and ensure program vehicle is safe and in good repair.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Keep a maintenance record for program vehicle, including records of what work has been done and a schedule of normal maintenance work necessary in the future.
- Maintain and schedule all vehicle maintenance, safety, and upkeep as necessary, and obtain bids for work required.
- Be available for any activity during the day which requires transportation.
- Arrange transportation for any special outings, as necessary.
- Be available for any emergencies, as requested.
- Purchase menu specified food items from food sources.
- Car Driver must present a positive attitude and promote good will throughout the Corporation.
- Must possess ability to deal with passengers at their level and needs, and not be parental in dealing with daily issues.
EXPERIENCE: One year experience working with individuals with developmental / intellectual disabilities is required. Two years is preferred.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing with proof of current auto insurance. Ability to pass pre-employment background check, Med/TB clearance.
ANKA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, gender identity, disability (physical/mental), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Minorities/Consumers/Former Clients are encouraged to apply.