Anka is looking for a kind and flexible Full Time Licensed Practitioner to join our team at our Anka HOPE Concord facility in Concord, CA.
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have provided caring, dependable, and professional community behavioral health and social service programs that serve nearly 15,000 individuals throughout California and Michigan each year. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org for more information.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Regional Director, plan, develop, implement, evaluate and promote two out-patient facilities for the medical necessity, support and treatment for adults who have Substance Use Disorders. The program's primary goal is assist with the treatment of clients who have Substance Use Disorders and meet the medical necessity for outpatient treatment. The Licensed Practitioner of the Healing Arts is responsible for overseeing all medical necessity criteria and treatment documentation relating to client-related/clinical issues in compliance with: 1) county, state and federal regulations; 2) Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. Policies and Procedures; and 3) contractual agreements. This is an non-exempt position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1 Provide clinical leadership to all staff, including practicum students and pre-doctoral interns.
2. Oversee and monitor compliance with Anka's expected clinical standards.
3. Oversee all admissions and discharges. Plan and implement admission and discharge procedures. Assist in the documentation and transfer of info necessary for continuity of treatment and assist in monitoring the maintenance of client files and records necessary for audits and funding reimbursement.
4. Establish and maintain linkages with Contra Costa County and Community programs and set up problem solving sessions when needed.
5. Oversee the development, implementation and appropriateness of all individual treatment plans, conferring with the staff and other professionals involved in a client's treatment.
6. Assure that all clients are actively and strategically involved in the development and implementation of their individual treatment and discharge plans.
7. Oversee treatment team activities for appropriateness.
8. Develop resources for the program.
9. Recruit and screen potential interns and maintain appropriate liaisons with individuals at universities. Provide supervision for interns.
10. Oversee the integration of new treatment modalities recommended the Quality Management team.
11. Assure liaison with other agencies and groups as appropriate to maintain linkages necessary for treatment, especially with Contra Costa County.
12. Assist Program Administrator in conducting regular staff meetings and monthly clinical trainings as required by DHCS and Contra Costa County.
13. Provide direct clinical services, including group and individual therapy and family therapy.
14. Assure good community relationships with business, neighbors, former residents, family members of residents and community understanding of the program.
15. Attend meetings of Clinical Administrators.
16. Develop cross-cultural awareness of culturally diverse client population, and apply appropriate interventions in assisting them with any socio-cultural issues.
17. Assure client safety at all times.
18. Coordinate with Program Administrator in the planning and implementation of daily programmatic activities, i.e., one on one, groups (therapy, substance abuse, living skills, etc.) that are required to assist adults in Substance Use Treatment.
19. Act as community liaison for Anka with Contra Costa County and all other potential referral services.
20. Monitor all treatment/service plans assuring that all treatment issues are addressed, and that the goals and plans reflect all treatment issues.
21. Act as role model and facilitate in multi-disciplined treatment teams.
22. Possess a clinical understanding of and therapeutic relationship with clientele to facilitate coordinated and supportive treatment approaches.
23. Be knowledgeable in all legal and ethical laws and rules which govern professional field, to include Tarisoff, confidentiality, abuse, suicide, and be responsible for assuring boundary maintenance between staff and clients.
24. Assure facility meets health and safety standards SB198, OSHA, and train staff in AIDS Universal Precautions and infection prevention standards (housekeeping), and all other licensing required trainings.
25. Complete personnel required paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
26. Attend and participate in all meetings, client conferences, staff meetings, program planning meetings, linkage meetings, and others as required by supervisor.
27. Must obey all federal, state, and local laws and Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. Policies and Procedures.
28. Comply with the Anka policy requirement to submit proof of valid CDL, maintain good driving record, and submit proof of auto insurance for current period of coverage.
29. Requires driving own vehicle to transport consumer(s) when program vehicle is unavailable, or when medical appointments or referral for client services is required.
30. Complete all clinical documentation including notes, treatment plans, risk assessments and interpretive summaries in accordance to Anka BHI standards of quality and timeliness.
31. Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Job Descriptions are subject to change without notice based on the needs of Program or services.
Professional License Required: Licensed or License Eligible: Physician, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, Registered Nurse, Registered Pharmacist, Clinical Psychologist, Clinical Social Worker, Professional Clinical Counselor, Marriage and Family Therapist
Education Required: Masters Degree in social, health, behavioral sciences or related field required.
Experience Required: Four (4) years’ experience in Substance Use Treatment; at least two (2) years in a community-based setting; two (2) years experience in administrative supervision. Experience in Medi-Cal Substance Use Treatment is an asset. Bi-cultural/bi-lingual experience is an asset. Understanding of how to participate in a network of community-based Substance Use Treatment services. Experience in planning and implementing activities in a community outpatient setting. Knowledge and experience in recognition of treatment modalities for adults who have Substance Use Disorders and therapeutic milieus. Knowledge and/or experience in Drug Medi-Cal Treatment is required.
License Required: A valid California Driver's License - Class III/C. Proof of auto insurance.
Employment is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work, 21 years of age, verification of degree/credentials, satisfactory health exam and tuberculosis testing, fingerprint clearance, submit proof of valid California Driver's License, good driving record (must meet insurability requirements of Anka carrier), submit proof of auto insurance for current period of coverage (employees who drive to and from work and on agency business), successful completion of CPR and First Aid training, and agree to uphold all Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. Policies and Procedures, 7.10 Policy on Confidential Information, 8.26 Policy on Outside Employment, 8.32 Policy on Prohibiting/Preventing Workplace Violence, 8.4 Policy to Prohibit Harassment in the Workplace, 8.9 Policy on Ethics, agree (by signature) to adhere to 15.0 Drug-Free Workplace Policy, 16.0 & 16.1 Policy on Abuse Reporting, compliance with Workplace Injury and Illness Prevention Policies, and compliance with 28.0 HIPAA Rules and Regulations. 23.0 Email and Privacy, 26.0 Use of Information, Equipment and Technology. 29.0 Code of Conduct Policy. 40.0 Sex Offender Lifetime Registration – Applicant Tenant. 42.0 Policy on Nondisclosure.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision
- 11 days paid time off for holidays and generous vacation plan
- Employer paid life insurance plan, LTD and ADD.
- Matching 401k
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare, child care and commuter expenses.
- Discounts, appreciation events, and more