Registered Nurse (RN) - Part Time
Anka is looking for an organized and flexible Part Time Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team at the Anka Referral Center in Concord, CA.
Days/Hours: Friday 9am - 5:30pm and Saturday 7:30am - 4pm
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
The Anka Referral Center (ARC) currently serves 7 of Anka’s Crisis Residential Treatment facilities and is tasked with managing all program referrals. ARC staff work to organize referral information, checking for appropriateness and making sure all needed information is gathered and sent to the programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct an initial nursing assessment and nursing care plan for all new admissions.
- Prepare patients for medication management visits by gathering vital signs, noting pertinent health history and providing this information to the Nurse Practitioner or Physician.
- Handle routine pharmacy requests and calls including refill requests, TAR, PAR and other requests as required.
- Maintain accurate clinic documentation, as specified by Med--Cal and Medi-care, and Anka Quality Management Department.
- Provide daily support to the Nurse Practitioner and Physician.
- Administer injectable medication that is ordered by the NP or MD, and document appropriately.
- Perform crisis intervention as necessary. Participate in special or emergency cases, case conferences, and assist with staffing support if necessary. (ie – calling for other staff or 911, etc.)
LICENSE: Possess a valid RN License to practice as a Registered Nurse, issued by the State of California, current in good standing.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of nursing experience in a mental health setting with at least 1 year supervisory experience. Knowledge of psychiatric illness and medications is necessary. Knowledge of the Contra Costa Health System is helpful but not required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Skills and abilities to handle clinical issues in a fast paced environment resulting from the complexity of mental health treatment facility issues. Requires client-centered focus and ability. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing with proof of current auto insurance. Ability to pass pre-employment background check.