Mental Health Rehabilitation Workers (On Call)
Anka is looking for a kind and flexible On-Call Mental Health Rehabilitation Workers to join our team at Anka Lodi Program in Lodi, CA.About ANKA:
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have provided caring, dependable, and professional community behavioral health and social service programs that serve nearly 15,000 individuals throughout California and Michigan each year. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org for more information.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Anka Lodi is a Crisis Residential Treatment (CRT) Program that supports the needs of adults experiencing a behavioral health crisis, including providing treatment and support for people with co-occurring substance use disorders. Unlike programs that are held in a psychiatric unit or hospital-like facility, Anka Lodi is held in a natural home setting in order to better engage the individual in the recovery process. A maximum of 16 individuals are served at any given time, staying an average of 1-21 days as they participate in a highly structured recovery program and work with a team of specialists .
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the supervision and direction of the Program Administrator, participate in the planning, development, implementation, evaluation, and promotion of a 16 crisis residential treatment facility for mentally disabled adults who are dual diagnosed (primary diagnosis of mental disability, secondary diagnosis of substance abuse). The primary responsibility of a Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist is to provide counseling services (milieu, group, individual, and family therapy) within the therapeutic milieu using social rehabilitation principles in a community-based setting. Perform a broad range of tasks while developing job duty proficiency, teamwork, coordination, and liaison skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as role model for all clients and be an integral part of providing stability and structure to the therapeutic milieu.
- Complete admission packets on clients accepted into the program including an initial intake interview, treatment plan and getting all required signatures.
- Assist clients in following a daily schedule in accordance with individual treatment/ discharge plans.
- Work as a respectful and professional member of a treatment team.
- Complete and date clinical charting in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with Quality Assurance Standards.
- Participate in planning, development, and implementation of a cohesive treatment program and assure that the program operates as scheduled and is in keeping with the structure, rules, and philosophy of the program.
EXPERIENCE: Prefer min. 1yr Full Time exp. working in programs serving persons with mental disabilities. Exp. must be in direct service to clients.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent required. AA in psychology or related preferred. Bilingual an asset. Have clinical knowledge of crisis intervention and prevention. MS Word & EXCEL a must.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing with proof of current auto insurance. Ability to pass pre-employment background check, Med/TB clearance.