Direct Support Professional Lead - (4) FT Position
CORPORATION: Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. is a private non-profit agency providing community mental health services.
Mission: Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. provides comprehensive rehabilitation services to people with multiple disabilities. Services include crisis, transitional and long term residential treatment, day rehabilitation, assisted and independent living, vocational rehabilitation and employment services, multi-service centers and a shelter for the homeless. Corporation services are provided in Contra Costa, Solano, Riverside, San Joaquin, San Diego, Los Angeles and other counties in California.
DEFINITION: Under the supervision of the Program Administrator, provide rehabilitative support services in a 3-bed community, highly structured adult residential care facility for adults with Autism and behavioral challenges age 18-59. This is a non-exempt position.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team and assist in the evaluation and assessment, treatment planning, and discharge planning for each resident.
- Provide direct care, training and supervision to the residents as prescribed in the individual IPP and provided for in the Facility Program Design and Training Schedule.
- Lead DSP- Successfully obtain Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) certification within 1 month of employment. Successfully maintain RBT certification that includes the adherence to the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) regulatory and ethical standards and continuous supervision requirements.
- Comply with facility policies and regulations. Comply with local, state, and federal regulatory standards
- Provide for the physical care, training, supervision and recreation of residents.
- Be familiar with each resident's IPP goals, objectives and methods for achieving these goals and objectives.
- Promote special and individual events for the residents (birthdays, dances, community outings, cultural celebrations, etc.).
- Assist residents with habit training, maintenance of a well-groomed appearance, and maintenance of beds, clothing and living areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Work with Regional Center, workshop staff, and others to provide comprehensive program for the residents.
- Assist and encourage the residents in developing self-reliance in activities of daily living.
- Administer treatments and special diets as ordered by physician.
- Attend resident conferences as may be required.
- Assure that each resident receives substantial and appropriate attention daily.
- Be continuously ready to assist residents in areas of need.
Education and Experience: Must meet Title 17 and Title 22 requirements. One year experience working with developmentally disabled, preferably adults, in a residential setting working with persons that are dually diagnosed with behaviors that may impact health and safety. Leads must have two years of working experience.Skills and Abilities: Maturity and ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities and situations requiring tact, poise, friendliness, and sensitivity. Be able to maintain integrity and confidentiality regulations in regard to client information and records. Sympathetic and objective understanding of individuals with mental, emotional and developmental disabilities. Must be able to communicate well in English, both verbally and in writing. Ability to communicate verbally by phone in English
in a clear and concise manner. Utilize positive "care taking" strategies for resident supervision. Nurture and support multiple-challenged residents.
Physical Abilities: Ability to lift up to 40 lbs., approximately three (3) times per week. Must be able to navigate several flights of stairs during each work shift. Ability to drive in heavy traffic and inclement weather.
Mental Abilities: Ability to think clearly and manage multiple changing priorities, and remain pleasant and positive. Requires critical thinking and ability to manage difficult population. Requires good judgment.
License Required: Possession of DSP I, DSP II, CPT certificates, child abuse index clearance, and TB clearance prior to provision of services. A valid California Driver's License - Class IIB. Proof of current auto insurance. RBT certification preferred.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision
- 11 days paid time off for holidays and generous vacation plan
- Employer paid life insurance plan, LTD and ADD.
- Matching 401k
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare, child care and commuter expenses.
- Discounts, appreciation events, and more