Board Certified Behavior Analyst - FT
CORPORATION: Anka is a private non-profit agency providing community mental health services. Services include crisis, transitional and long term residential treatment, day rehabilitation, assisted and independent living, vocational rehabilitation and employment services, multi-service centers and a shelter for the homeless. Corporation services are provided throughout California.
The Mission of Anka BHI is to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people.
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: Anka has an opening for Board Certified Behavior Analyst in the Burbank/Glendale area to serve individuals with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities. Position will cover 4 programs in Burbank/Glendale area.
Days: Monday - Friday
Hourly/Salary Range: $30-$40 hourly
DEFINITION: The Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) will provide an array of behavioral services for child consumers with intellectual/developmental disabilities. The BCBA will also provide supervision and training for direct care staff and Registered Behavior Technicians in Anka’s residential programs of evidence based treatment modalities for children who have developmental disabilities, mental illness, and behavioral issues.
- Provide oversight of behavioral plans and staff training for ID/DD programs in the Region.
- Complete an Individual Behavior Supports Plan within 7 days of admission to the program(s).
- Provide supervision to staff who are pursuing Registered Behavioral Technician or BCBA certification.
- Develop and provide staff training in the implementation of evidence based skill acquisition procedures in major developmental domains.
- Provide face to face behavioral consultation with consumers on a monthly basis to monitor effectiveness of Behavioral Intervention Plan. Provide initial and ongoing assessment of consumers utilizing various direct and indirect procedures.
- Participate in multidisciplinary team meetings at a minimum of once per week to review consumer’s progress and discuss Behavioral Intervention Plan and any possible changes to the plan.
- Review and interpret behavioral data and modify consumer’s Behavioral Intervention Plan as needed. Administer, record, and interpret assessment data utilizing both criterion-based and norm-referenced assessment tools.
- Develop a Discharge Plan to include how gains can be maintained and behavioral plans can be generalized to the environment the consumer is discharged to.
Job descriptions are subject to change without notice based on the needs of Agency/Program.
Professional License Required: LCSW, MFT or Licensed Psychologist - current qualified in California in good standing; BCBA or BCBA-D in good standing with the Behavior Analyst Certification Board.
Education: Minimum Masters Degree in social, health, behavioral sciences or related field required.
Experience: Four (4) years experience in mental health work. Understanding how to participate on a professional/paraprofessional team. Experience in implementing activities and skills training in a psycho-social setting.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision
- 9 days paid time off for holidays and generous vacation plan
- Employer paid life insurance plan, LTD and ADD.
- Matching 401k
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare, child care and commuter expenses.
- Discounts, appreciation events, and more