Mental Health Rehabilitation Workers (6) - Richmond (On Call)
Anka is looking for kind and flexible On Call Mental Health Rehabilitation Workers to join our team at our Nevin House program in Richmond, CA.
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have provided caring, dependable, and professional community behavioral health and social service programs that serve nearly 15,000 individuals throughout California and Michigan each year. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org for more information.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Nevins House is a transitional residential treatment program that support’s adults with co-occurring behavioral health needs and substance use challenges. A maximum of 16 individuals are served at any given time, staying an average of 4-6 months as they participate in a structured recovery program that focuses on individualized psycho-education and therapy, substance use and criminal relapse prevention, and life skills training with the goal of helping individuals change the behavioral patterns that are negatively impacting his/her life and prepare them for community re-integration.
Hours/Days: Office Operation is 7 days a week for 24 hours a day. Shifts range from 7 am to 3 pm, 3 pm to 11 pm and 11 pm to 7 am. Hours will vary between shifts and facility needs.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The primary responsibility of an On-call Relief Worker is to provide support services (milieu, group, individual, and family therapy) within the therapeutic milieu using social rehabilitation principles in a community-based setting. An On-call Relief Worker performs a broad range of tasks while developing clinical proficiency, teamwork, coordination, and liaison skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as a counselor for a caseload of clients and be an integral part of a mental health treatment team and part of the therapeutic milieu in a community-based program providing individual, couples, family, and group counseling.
- Maintain a milieu structure that involves the clients in all aspects of the program and become an integral part of the therapeutic milieu, and participate as a member of a mental health team in a community-based program.
- Complete admission packets on clients accepted into the program including an initial intake interview, document action, initial diagnosis and treatment plan and assignment to treatment team within first 24 hours.
- Weekly evaluation of clients' progress in case conference with Program Administrator, consultants and other staff members. Meet with clients to review case conference discussion and update treatment plans and provide aftercare follow-up as delegated by supervisor.
- Assist clients in developing and following a daily schedule in accordance with individual treatment/discharge plans.
Thank you for your interest! To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements.
EDUCATION: Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent and some related post secondary education. B.A. in psychology, social welfare or counseling preferred (not required).
EXPERIENCE: At least 1 year experience in mental health, social rehab, dual diagnosis, or related field. Also, experience in working in adult residential facilities and/or substance abuse programs.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing with proof of current auto insurance. Ability to pass pre-employment background check, Med/TB clearance.