Direct Support Professional - PT (NOC)
Anka is looking for a part time Direct Support Professional to join our team at Hayward Hills in Hayward, CA.
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. Please visit our website at http://www.ankabhi.org for more information. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Hayward Hills is a short-term crisis residential program that provides care, supervision, and support for adults with intellectual disabilities and other complex behavioral and emotional challenges that could potentially jeopardize their home or community placement and put them at risk of developmental center, hospital, or jail admission. A maximum of four individuals are served at Hayward Hills at any given time, staying an average of 3-6 months while they participate in an intensive recovery program that focuses on crisis and medication stabilization and positive behavioral supports.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Program Administrator of Anka Behavioral Health, Inc., provide support and training for 4 adults age 18-59; developmentally disabled population experiencing a psychiatric or behavioral crisis. Shall be competent to provide the services necessary to meet individual resident needs and shall, at all times, be employed in numbers necessary to meet such needs. Responsible for providing supervision and support to adults residing at Anka Hayward Hills and for assisting them to meet goals described in their individual needs and services or individual program plans.
- Part Time Schedule: Sunday & Monday, Friday & Saturday,11PM - 6AM
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide supervision and support for each resident to assist in the implementation of needs and services plan and individual program plan, including providing assistance to residents in basic self-help skills, daily living skills and adaptive living skill areas, and implement training skill programs.
- Maintain daily logs and data reports.
- Act as an appropriate role model for residents by dressing and behaving in a socially appropriate manner.
- Prepare meals and snacks as indicated on weekly menus. The Direct Support Professional (Direct Care) Staff will prepare meals and snacks while involving residents in meal preparation tasks to the extent that residents choose to participate.
- Take residents to medical and dental appointments, and any outside activities, as assigned by the Program Administrator.
- Assist residents to take self-administered, prescribed medications.
EDUCATION: High School graduate. Preferred - Successful completion of Direct Care Staff Competency Based Training and Testing Requirements as specified in Title 17, §56031-56035
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of six months of prior experience providing direct supervision and special services to persons with developmental disabilities. Experience in person centered program development and implementation.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing with proof of current auto insurance. Ability to pass pre-employment background check, Med/TB clearance.