Anka is looking for a dedicated and strong leader for our Regional Director (RD) position in the Ventura Region of Southern California to oversee our Crisis and Transitional Residential programs across the Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The RD is a key player in Anka’s management team and oversees our Southern California Ventura Region programs for mentally ill adults and/or substance abuse. Our programs provide an array of services designed to meet the needs of adults in need of crisis intervention and stabilization. All programs are operated in partnership with Ventura or Santa Barbara counties and licensed by Community Care Licensing and Department of Health Care Services.
This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the general supervision of the VP of Southern California:
- Monitors and supports the activities of the Program Administrators to carry out all treatment services in coordination with contractual and legal requirements, Anka policy and procedures and state and federal regulations.
- Jointly hire, train, orient, supervise, and evaluate key clinical and management staff, ensuring their success on the job as well as building staff development and staff competency.
- Establish best practices to ensure quality clinical services and training materials and develop and enhance program design for each existing or new program/ service.
- Oversee the overall operations of all the Region’s programs, including financial performance, census, licensing and certification reviews and incident reporting.
- Represent Anka in a positive public relations manner in the community and any public or private agencies involved with Anka.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Suite (such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Access) and other Business applications.
- Ability to handle clinical and administrative supervision in a highly stressful environment.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, counseling, health care administration or related field.
- Master’s Degree in psychology, social work, counseling or related field preferred.
- Three years of experience with the mental health system of care.
- Two years of experience in administrative supervision.
- Experience in participating in a network of community-based mental health services.
- Experience in planning and implementing activities in a social rehabilitation setting.
- Bi-cultural/ bi-lingual experience is an asset.
- Must have a valid California Driver's License with proof of insurance
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision
- 11 Paid time off for holidays and generous vacation plan
- Employer paid life insurance plan.
- Matching 401k
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare, child care and commuter expenses.
- Discounts, appreciation events, and more
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. Please visit our website at http://www.ankabhi.org for more information. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.