Lead Grounds Maintenance FT
Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have provided caring, dependable, and professional community behavioral health and social service programs that serve nearly 15,000 individuals throughout California and Michigan each year. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org for more information.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
This is a non-profit program working with people with disabilities in grounds maintenance setting. Applicant with background in providing employment services and knowledge of employment services for people with disabilities is preferred.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the direct supervision of the Foreperson, the incumbent will perform grounds maintenance, horticulture, and landscape work under the contract with industrial, state, and federal installations. The work will primarily be performed outside. It includes exposure to inclement weather conditions, odors, landscape maintenance chemicals, and noise. It may also involve some weekend work and working alone, and varied scheduling dependent upon season and amount of work available.
Incumbent will use standard operating guidelines pertaining to, but not limited to: power edger, weed eaters, vacuums, power blowers, ladders, small hand tools, and vehicles. The job also includes light to heavy lifting (up to 80 pounds), reaching, pushing, pulling, crawling, climbing, prolonged periods of standing, manual dexterity, vision and hearing. Supervision received usually consists of oral and some written instructions to define work activities and problems, and to prescribe both general and detailed methods of achieving work tasks. Hours per week will range from 20 to 40 depending on individual ability and availability of work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Transport the crew in a safe and timely manner in the assigned company van. Supervise the crew workers, communicate with Caltrans yard supervisors to get job assignments. Responsible to complete daily job tasks.
- Must be able to work outside on the highways.
- Trim shrubs and hedges, hoe weeds, rake areas, conduct grounds cleanup and fields.
- Operate a variety of power and manual grounds maintenance equipment (i.e., power weed eater, edger, chainsaw and other equipment).
- Trouble shoot and conduct minor maintenance repair of grounds maintenance equipment.
- Drive vehicle (van or truck), and conduct routine inspections on such vehicles.
- Maintain tools, equipment, and materials in proper condition.
- Maintain stocks of supplies. Maintain inventory control.
- Maintain security of buildings as assigned by insuring that doors and windows are locked, report unlocked doors and windows, fire hazards, and persons acting suspiciously.
- Wear the safety gear such as hard hat, reflective vest and safety glasses which are provided through our program.
- Be alert and aware of conditions and surrounding area. Be a team player and leader.
- Watch the oncoming traffic to ensure safety of the crew members.
- Comply with the Anka policy requirement to submit proof of valid CDL, maintain good driving record, and submit proof of auto insurance for current period of coverage.
- Must obey all federal, state, and local laws and Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. Policies and Procedures.
- Perform all other duties and assignments as assigned by supervisor.
ANKA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, gender identity, disability (physical/mental), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Minorities/Consumers/Ex-Consumers are encouraged to apply.
Education Required: No specific education is required. However, satisfactory completion of high school or the equivalent is preferred.
Experience Required: Demonstrated experience in grounds maintenance is highly desired, but not required. Will train.
Training Required: Successful completion of on-the-job training program demonstrating knowledge of modern methods, materials, and equipment used in grounds maintenance work, proper use, care, and storage of grounds maintenance equipment and materials, and of related work practices. Successful demonstration of ability to learn and effectively apply practices associated with work, to operate and make minor repairs and adjustments to grounds maintenance equipment, to perform physical tasks, to work independently, to follow simple written and oral instructions, and to work cooperatively and effectively with co-workers, supervisors, and other personnel. Participant will receive a minimum of $5.07 per hour while in training and 59 cents per hour in lieu of benefits.
Physical Abilities: Job functions require the ability to lift up to 80 pounds and must be able to negotiate several flights of stairs in each work period.
Personal Characteristics: Mental health consumers or ex-mental health consumers, age 18 years and over.
License Required: A valid California Driver's License - Class III/ C. Proof of auto insurance.
Employment is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work, 21 years of age, verification of degree/credentials, satisfactory health exam and tuberculosis testing, fingerprint clearance, submit proof of valid California Driver's License, good driving record (must meet insurability requirements of Anka carrier), submit proof of auto insurance for current period of coverage (employees who drive to and from work and on agency business), successful completion of CPR and First Aid training, and agree to uphold all Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. Policies and Procedures, 7.10 Policy on Confidential Information, 8.26 Policy on Outside Employment, 8.32 Policy on Prohibiting/Preventing Workplace Violence, 8.4 Policy to Prohibit Harassment in the Workplace, 8.9 Policy on Ethics, agree (by signature) to adhere to 15.0 Drug-Free Workplace Policy, 16.0 & 16.1 Policy on Abuse Reporting, compliance with Workplace Injury and Illness Prevention Policies, and compliance with 28.0 HIPAA Rules and Regulations. 23.0 Email and Privacy, 26.0 Use of Information, Equipment and Technology. 29.0 Code of Conduct Policy. 40.0 Sex Offender Lifetime Registration – Applicant Tenant. 42.0 Policy on Nondisclosure.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision
- 11 Paid time off for holidays and generous vacation plan
- Employer paid life insurance plan.
- Matching 401k
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare, child care and commuter expenses.
- Discounts, appreciation events, and more