LVN / LPT (On-Call)
Anka is looking for (2) kind and flexible On-Call LVN’s to join our team at Casa San Joaquin in Manteca, CA.
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have provided caring, dependable, and professional community behavioral health and social service programs that serve nearly 15,000 individuals throughout California and Michigan each year. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org for more information.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Casa San Joaquin is a residential treatment program that support’s adults recovering from a behavioral health crisis. Unlike programs that are held in a psychiatric unit or hospital-like facility, Casa San Joaquin provides a safe, home-like environment that supports individuals in their recovery. The program provides both short-term residential (7-10 days) and long-term residential (up to 90 days) stabilization, support, and treatment.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Administrator, participate in the planning, development, implementation, evaluation and promotion of a 9-bed crisis residential treatment facility for psychiatrically acute or sub-acute adults who require 24-hour supervision and intense structure. The program’s primary goal is to divert clients from hospitalization or act as an alternative to hospitalization and to provide assessment. The primary responsibility of a Licensed Vocational Nurse is to participate in the daily operation of the treatment facility at all levels and to provide medication and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the implementation, promotion and daily operation of a residential treatment facility.
- Monitor treatment plans, administer medications, and monitor interactions, side effects, etc., in consultation with physician/psychiatrist/ nurse practitioner and all other treatment staff. Obtain vital signs as requested by physician.
- Chart and report any significant changes in condition and general progress of residents.
- Monitor all recorded medications and sign and certify the accuracy of counts and inventory each day.
- Sign residential charts according to certifications and regulations.
- Follow and adhere to all medication policies regarding dispensing, administration, record keeping, storage and accountability for inventory.
LICENSE: Possession of a valid California license to practice as a Licensed Psychiatric Technician or Licensed Vocational Nurse, issued by the California Board of Vocational Nursing & Psychiatric Technicians, current and in good standing.
EXPERIENCE: Requires two year's experience in mental health field. Understanding of observation and recognition of symptoms and reactions requiring knowledge of cause and effect factors in dealing with care of mental health and substance abuse clients.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing with proof of current auto insurance. Ability to pass pre-employment background check, Med/TB clearance.