Anka is looking for a dedicated and reliable P/T Administrative Assistant to join our team in Santa Barbara, Ca.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM: Anka Santa Barbara CRT is a safe, supportive crisis home for adults with co-occurring/severe mental illness. The care, support and supervision provided at Anka Santa Barbara CRT are tailored to each individual’s strengths, challenges, interests and goals through a variety of daily home and community activities. A team of qualified staff and behavioral and psychiatric specialists work with program participants to build their adaptive skills (self-care, communication, social, etc.), increase confidence, and improve their overall quality of life.
ABOUT THE POSITION: Under the supervision of the Program Administrator, provide administrative support services to the Program Administrator and staff.
- This is a 20 hour per week position.
- Hours available: 8am - 12:30pm open to flexible variation of hours
- Hourly wage: $15.00
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow safety procedures under supervision of the Program Administrator.
- Provide quality customer service in the answering, screening, and routing of all incoming telephone calls to the appropriate personnel, and interface well with the community, individuals, services and other agencies and programs.
- Proficient in light bookkeeping duties, such as petty cash reconciliation, purchasing, and budget.
- Type and edit program materials to include letters, forms, statistics, and meeting minutes.
- Assist the Program Administrator in specific areas of program development, including referral files and community resources.
- Assure implementation and evaluation of paper flow systems to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Submit all necessary paperwork and documentation in a timely manner. Maintain accurate and timely statistics on program utilization.
Education Required: Completion of AA degree in business or related field preferred.
Experience Required: At least 1 year progressively responsible general administrative experience in an office setting. Bookkeeping and word processing experience. Computer experience MS Word and Excel.
Skills and Abilities: Be able to deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities and situations requiring tact, poise, friendliness and sensitivity. Be able to maintain integrity and confidentiality in regard to client records. Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing. Ability to communicate verbally by phone in English in a clear and concise manner. Ability to act in a professional manner and not involve oneself in personal staff or client issues. Basic computer skills.
Employment is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work, 21 years of age or older, verification of degree/ credentials, satisfactory health exam, obtain FBI/DOJ fingerprint clearance, submit proof of valid California Driver's License, good driving record (must meet insurability requirements of Anka carrier), submit proof of auto insurance for current period of coverage (employees who drive to and from work and on agency business), successful completion of CPR and First Aid training, and agree to uphold all Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. Policies and Procedures
WHAT WE OFFER: We value our employees and provide competitive benefit and health plans in addition to a matching 401k Retirement plan.
ABOUT ANKA: Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. Please visit our website at http://www.ankabhi.org for more information. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.