Peer Support Specialist
Anka is looking for (2) kind and dedicated Peer Support Specialists for our Nierika House program in Concord, CA.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM: In operation for over 30 years, Nierika House is one of Anka’s oldest and most beloved programs. Anka’s Nierika House is a Crisis Residential Treatment (CRT) Program for individuals experiencing a behavioral health crisis. Unlike programs that are held in a psychiatric unit or hospital-like facility, Nierika House is held in a natural home setting in order to better engage the individual in the recovery process. A maximum of 16 individuals are served at any given time, staying an average of 30 days as they participate in a highly structured recovery program and work with a team of specialists who help them resolve the behavioral or emotional issues.
ABOUT THE POSITION: The Peer Support Specialist will be a key player in guiding our clients in the process of peer recovery and intervention at Anka’s Nierika House program. This CRT program will have 16 beds, supporting those facing mental health challenges.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Program Administrator, the Peer Support Specialist will:
- Provide support as needed for substance abuse and mental health emergencies
- Develop innovative approaches to encourage client participation and integration
- Be involved in the conferences and meetings regarding client and staff matters.
- Develop Recovery Plans along with one-on-one interactions on a weekly basis
- A strong interest in the mental health industry and helping people
- Bi-cultural/bi-lingual experience preferred
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Must have valid California Driver's License; good driving record. Proof of current auto insurance and must meet insurability requirements of Anka insurance carrier.
ABOUT ANKA: Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have operated caring, dependable, and professional behavioral health services. We serve nearly 16,000 individuals in need each year. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org for more information. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.